Free Member
May 13, 2010
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Since May 2010
After the waiting, we finally drove up to Fullers yesterday lunch and collected our first Motorhome. Managed to get it home through Nottingham, and reversed on to the drive all without hitting anything or even coming close (well I assume that, nobody honked their horns at me, and there are no new dents..).:thumb:

spent all evening sitting in it on the drive and drinking cups of tea. took her out to fill up with diesel this morning with the most stupid grin all over my face. What a joyful experience!

So this weekend a couple of day trips to make sure we understood what all the switches do, and then bank holiday away for an overnight.

Is it too early to say this is possibly one of the best decisions we ever made? ::bigsmile:

David

imprint

Free Member
Jul 14, 2009
Funster No
Great stuff, you can feel the warmth in that grin right up here in Glen Haggis.

What was that line about the quick silver fox???

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Movin' on

Free Member
Apr 1, 2010
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2001
Just love your description of when you picked up your van. I had wanted one of these beasts for years and when I finally got one,........well, I can remember that feeling. Enjoy it and the freedom that comes with it. Adrian.:thumb:

Upvote 0

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
David, now your fun begins, you do right get the feel of it, then off you go and enjoy, make notes the first time you are away of all the things you think you may need, and what needs leaving in the van and not bringing in and out of the house every time you want to go off.

Don't forget any questions just ask I am sure someone will have a awnser, I bet you still have the smile on your face.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Big Momma

Free Member
Oct 3, 2009
Funster No
I too can remember collecting my very first van, 12 years ago. I collected my 4th van 3 weeks ago and the grin was just as big as it was with the first one. It is never too late to start enjoying the good life !!

Upvote 0

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Well done David im sure you will have hours of fun in your new toy

Gerry

Upvote 0
OP
OP
D

DBSilverfox

Free Member
May 13, 2010
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Since May 2010
Thanks

thanks everyone for the good wishes - tomorrow cannot come soon enough. Be assured I will be asking questions, and maybe after a few weeks even answering some as well.

Oh and Jim - the journey log book arrived in the post yesterday as well, was waiting when I got home.

David

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back