Got any pp9 batteries in a drawer warning (1 Viewer)

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
Just a little warning about old batteries

More especially pp9 ( smoke alarm type )

Seems they can cause fires given the right circumstance

Broken Link Removed

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
a potential fire hazard in much the same way that anything conductive dropped across the terminals of a van or leisure battery can. always keep leisure batteries in a purpose designed and vented box. never add an extra battery in a locker used to house other items without putting it in a box to protect the terminals.

imagine driving up the road and something in the locker moving about due to vibration etc. all it would take is bad luck for anything that conducts electricity, from tin foil through to anything made of metal, to touch the terminals of the battery. your van would be well alight before you could stop

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I have several of these in the drawer but ALWAYS put some insulation tape over the contacts to prevent any possible electrical 'activity'!!! :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
9volt batteries can be very dangerous. The mother in law uses them in her pacemaker. I wont have her in the house unless she's covered up with insulation tape. :thumb::winky:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back