GoPro look alike (1 Viewer)

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Bought a GoPro chinese copy from Geek.wish.com it arrived today, its good, it works. I have a genuine GoPro borrowed from my daughter and have been comparing it, I can't really tell the difference, except the copy has a rear screen that's bigger than the front screen on the GoPro.
The difference in price though! GoPro hero 3 £289 (Now discontinued) Chinese copy £16.15 delivered!!!!
It also comes with a pile of mounts and bits. How do they do it?

Ian

?

Deleted User
Man makes something and gets taxed having a building and staff to make it in. Man gets taxed on earning for selling on item so puts price up to cover tax. Buyer gets taxed on holding building for distribution and having staff to make the distribution so puts price up to cover this. Sells to shops who has overheads and put price up and the buyer (you) has to pat VAT. Rip of Britain hello china :D

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
I suspect it is made of inferior and cheaper parts and probably won't last / perform as well as the original
But, if it works and it's any good, you could buy nearly 18 of them for the price of 1 GoPro
i might have £16.15 to spare.........

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

?

Deleted User
I suspect it is made of inferior and cheaper parts and probably won't last / perform as well as the original
But, if it works and it's any good, you could buy nearly 18 of them for the price of 1 GoPro
i might have £16.15 to spare.........

So you are not for sure then? Hey you are most likely correct but i buy from China also like the stereo in my van and simple items like USB sockets. One i wanted was a Micro right angle USB cable that was 1.5m long. UK sellers wanted £4.50+ where China wanted .99p delivered.

Feb 4, 2016
West Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B680 Starline
Exp
Long term a few years now.
Man makes something and gets taxed having a building and staff to make it in. Man gets taxed on earning for selling on item so puts price up to cover tax. Buyer gets taxed on holding building for distribution and having staff to make the distribution so puts price up to cover this. Sells to shops who has overheads and put price up and the buyer (you) has to pat VAT. Rip of Britain hello china :D
People who make these in china have no life and are basically being abused to earn money to eat . I dont know this for a fact ive never been to China .
As a so called communist country China shows the worst of capitalism .
It is no more than slavery really .
It is what it is tho and as long as the Chinese and others can produce things this cheap , they are showing up the flip side of capitalism . The western company's create a brand ie go pro etc and charge the earth for people who must have a brand name . Still made in the east cheaply.

The internet has turned trade up side down . I agree @Notakwak with your post as well .

Everyone taking a slice out the price we mugs pay .

Climbing off my high horse , im never going to change anything and ive got no answer so cheap is good . A link would be good @olley (y)

?

Deleted User
Climbing off my high horse , im never going to change anything and ive got no answer so cheap is good . A link would be good @olley (y)

Not sure about olley's link but national geographic put there name on them also

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_o...TRS0&_nkw=national+geographic+camera&_sacat=0

When i was a kid i would open up Video players, radio cassette players and the likes to see what made them tic. Made in China is printed on a lot of items circuitry.

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 1987
The GoPro is manufactured in China ( Hong Kong) by Woodman Labs, not by some other maker who slaps different names on it.
There are a lot of similar makes and copies, China is very good at producing something that looks like the original, sometimes selling counterfeit copies of originals.
I think most of the electronic stuff around comes from China and lots of companies have their products made there.
I have a pretty high end USA brand telescope ( Meade). It comes with a Made in China Sticker on it.
But back to gopros, they are expensive and lots of cheaper brands perform very well
I bought my Daughter an SJCam 4000. Almost a copy of the GoPro, but there are fake copies of that too!
At the moment, I have a Muvi K2. Video quality is excellent at 1/3 the price of a GoPro.

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
People who make these in china have no life and are basically being abused to earn money to eat . I dont know this for a fact ive never been to China .
As a so called communist country China shows the worst of capitalism .
It is what it is tho and as long as the Chinese and others can produce things this cheap , they are showing up the flip side of capitalism . The western company's create a brand ie go pro etc and charge the earth for people who must have a brand name . Still made in the east cheaply.

The internet has turned trade up side down . I agree @Notakwak with your post as well .

Those people taking the slice... Are they the product designers? The ones that came up with the idea in the first place? The developers that improved it? Or the marketing peeps that promoted it so it became known to those that use it now? Or the investors that put down the money to launch it? Are these the people that had failures along the way but now have a product that people want? If you take them out of the equation and just copy the product it will be cheaper but you'll screw innovation. The likes of the Chinese and own branded goods from the supermarket are cheap because they are copies of products where others have done the hard, expensive work so of course they can sell them cheaper.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Forgive my poetic word play with your post

People who buy these in the UK have no life and are basically being abused to earn money to eat . I know this for a fact I live in the UK .
As a so called capitalist country the UK shows the worst of capitalism .
It is what it is tho and as long as the UK and others can buy things this cheap , they are showing up the down side of capitalism . The Chinese company's create a brand ie go pro etc and charge the earth for people who must have a brand name . Still made in the east cheaply.

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
Got one on order. I want to see what wildlife is in our garden overnight.
Thanks Olley.
Mitch.

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 1987
Not sure how long the battery will last, you might need to power it externally for an overnight session.

Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
Bought one of these before I went to Spain in February, paid around £27. If you want to use it as an action camera (as I did) and attach it to my mountain bike, FORGET IT. Rubbish. Its all to do with FPS (frames per second) Max FPS is 30, it might look ok on the small screen but put it on anything larger and its Pants!
Go pro hero, which I think is the cheapest model, has 60FPS. So for action you pays your money.....
Look at the footage on this link: http://www.coolsmartphone.com/2015/06/22/kitvision-splash-waterproof-action-camera-review/
I should have before buying. :(

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 1987
I might get one to mount on the passenger side of the van so I can see who / what I am about to hit that I can't see from the drivers seat.
I won't stress too much if it falls off, for £15....
Might need a wifi version though and link it to my iPad.

?

Deleted User
Got one on order. I want to see what wildlife is in our garden overnight.
Thanks Olley.
Mitch.
Aldi have one with infa red for sale now and then. Im sure it was motion detected also but around 60 quid

Aldi also have had these cameras but 30 quid

Broken Link Removed

OP
OP
olley
Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Battery lasts about 11/2 hours, similar to a GoPro I believe. @Boringfrog yes if you want cinema quality you need to spend the cash, but 30fps is fine for me. I think the cheap vehicle cameras are the same, and their ok for what they do.

Ian

Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
Battery lasts about 11/2 hours, similar to a GoPro I believe. @Boringfrog yes if you want cinema quality you need to spend the cash, but 30fps is fine for me. I think the cheap vehicle cameras are the same, and their ok for what they do.

Ian
Is that one and a half hours? ;)

OP
OP
olley
Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Is their a key press for a half? Or superscripts?

Ian

OP
OP
olley
Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Here's short video of the cheapy, what I can I say? Its crap. :LOL: 1080 at 30fps

And here's the same journey in reverse but with the daughters GoPro at 960 and 48fps

The cheapy was about 250mb in size, the GoPro 1.2gig quite a difference considering the journey was roughly the same.

Ian

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back