Google street view goes live in the UK today ! (1 Viewer)

TinaGlenn

Free Member
Aug 7, 2007
Near King's Lynn
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
9 years
They didn't come down our street! They went down the lane next to ours, but I suppose as ours is a little private dirt track they didn't bother....... Yipeeee :ROFLMAO:

Tina

bill2b

Free Member
Oct 21, 2009
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
You cant see much of my house because of the high hedge, But if we look at my parents house 300 miles away in Edinburgh you can see my Transit right outside so that will be August ish because we were up there after Dad broke his hip.
I think its brilliant

ips

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Have always camped, caravaned or had boats. Now in our second year with the motorhome.
I didnt at first but now I concurr. :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
If you look on Keren Grove , Wrenthorpe Wakefield. You can see Ralph up some scaffolding putting a roof on a porch and downstairs loo extension !!
His red pick up complete with lunch box on clear view parked outside. He said he'd seen it driving around.
Our own house has birthday cards and a Happy Birthday banner in the window.
Lovely sunny day , all the window are open. Must have been the 1st week in September, as thats when our 3 kids Birthdays are.
When we were going to Emigrate to Oz , i spent hours on it looking at houses id seen for sale on Property.com.au they've had it for years.
Bev

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Well !! How Kewl is that then ::bigsmile:
Pity it was done before we widened the drive,put new gates on and brought M/H up here.But nonetheless cool-I like the way the reg No on our Volvo is blurred out.

Mike

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
great can't belive it.

Its excellent and what am I doing in the Photo of our house...???

Cleaning the motorhome:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Was about to link it so all could see then thought, er maybe a silly idea, Still great techno :thumb:

tonybrightspark

Free Member
Dec 31, 2009
Kent
Funster No
Trouble Saving?
If you are on Google Earth get the picture on screen and click File /Save/Save Image and can be opened in any paint package

tonybrightspark

VMax666

Free Member
Nov 26, 2009
Knutsford
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2yrs
My MH is in the drive and also at my old place of work, only 1 mile apart, so done at different times. Home done on a Friday as the bottle/tins waste box outside, green wheelie bin already brought in, must be 9-10am. Strange thing is checked a couple of friends, miles apart and both had waste bins outside. Perhaps the councils are checking up to see if the binmen are doing their job? VMax

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I wonder if any Funsters will have their motorhomes in more than one place?

What chances that "they" were taking photos at your home on one day and photos at a camping/car park/picnic location on another and you are in both...

JJ

thehutchies

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
The Wheelèd Shed
Funster No
MH
Exp
I work all over the country and have seen lots of the cars driving past.

If I'd made a note of the locations, I could be seen in twenty different places at once! :Eeek:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Welllll,, not same van in different place, but different vans in same place !
As I mentioned in another post, one view of the area shows my new van parked up, another shows the old van in the same spot ::bigsmile:

Looks like a magic trick !!! LOL !!

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Brilliant,, just spent hours going round the 14 houses we have owned since getting married,, most on there..

The one we are in at the moment,, has even got me outside the garage cleaning one of my Harleys..

But the one we hope or think we have bought is not on there,, spose cos it`s down a private lane,, but you can see down from the main road.. :thumb:

barryd

Free Member
Feb 10, 2009
Yorkshire Dales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since May 08
Hi

All interesting stuff. It would be useful if we could work out a way to paste images directly onto here as it would be a great way of showing people wild spots and areas of interest.

So far I have managed to print a PDF of my house with the van outside but I then had to convert that to a Jpeg and upload it onto here. At the top right of the image you can click the link button to get the code to paste the view into a website but I cant get it work. I did however manage to email myself a link to a wild spot.

Here is where I live

Link Removed

And here is a link to one of the best wild spots in the Lake District right at the top of the Newlands Pass between Buttermere and Keswick.

<http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&s...hiG6ifzHqSTB6VhoUurc4A&cbp=12,318.22,,0,18.37>

Im still not sure if this wont be used by criminals but its pretty useful stuff for us lot I reckon!

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Never mind the burglars.....does it mean the other half will know am in the pub or not????:Eeek::Eeek::Eeek:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Ive been playing with this for hours, its brilliant. It would be fab if we could add all the Aires to this site as links.

Im sure there is a quicker way of doing this but I just found this one from memory (didnt even stay there)

The Aire at Roscoff in Brittany!

<http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&s...=J3kuDfwT7-XTDMI9ogEgXg&cbp=12,129.85,,0,2.75>

Hi Barry

an easy way to do it is to convert the POIs to KML files then upload to a Google map or Goggle Earth

I have a number of maps such as France Passion, French sites, CLs and Club Sites, etc etc etc all on Google

also the Aires and Sites for RVs map in my signature ..

tonybrightspark

Free Member
Dec 31, 2009
Kent
Funster No
Hi Barry

an easy way to do it is to convert the POIs to KML files then upload to a Google map or Goggle Earth

I have a number of maps such as France Passion, French sites, CLs and Club Sites, etc etc etc all on Google

also the Aires and Sites for RVs map in my signature ..

I loaded the Google Earth .kml file from here (bottom of page)

Link Removed

Municipal, Camping Cheque, ACSI et al.
Switch on Street View in Google Earth and see if cameras appear outside the site.

Pics are of hundreds of POI's and example site South of Bordeaux.

tonybrightspark

Attachments

• Campsites.jpg
    Campsites.jpg
    205.4 KB · Views: 20
  • bordeaux.jpg
    bordeaux.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 18

barryd

Free Member
Feb 10, 2009
Yorkshire Dales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since May 08
Cheers chaps

Its a bit tricky all this. I cant get street view to work in google earth even though its ticked. You have to locate the yellow pin (no idea what they are, campsites I guess) and then launch it in a new window to get the street view and they seem a bit hit and miss in France but it does work.

This is going to be excellent for planning trips although as usual once your abroad you have the age old problem of getting on line to use it!

BD

tonybrightspark

Free Member
Dec 31, 2009
Kent
Funster No
Cheers chaps

Its a bit tricky all this. I cant get street view to work in google earth even though its ticked. You have to locate the yellow pin (no idea what they are, campsites I guess) and then launch it in a new window to get the street view and they seem a bit hit and miss in France but it does work.

This is going to be excellent for planning trips although as usual once your abroad you have the age old problem of getting on line to use it!

BD

Barry
Assuming you have the latest incarnation of Google Earth
I have same problems on my old PC, but on new laptop running IE8 it is perfect.
Have you got a rotating circle next to Street View? It means still loading cams. Assuming you have Broadband is your speed up to scratch.
When you double click a camera or even a pin it should go straight into it, the camera turns to a globe then in you go.

tonybrightspark

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Took this screen grab from Google Street View, it shows that they have even been down the little lanes as well. This shows the hedge I have removed ready for a gate to our future FL - Like a Caravan Club 5 site Certificated Location But it will hopefully be our,(MotorhomeFun's) first of many FL's, Fun Locations::bigsmile:

googlepic.gif

tonybrightspark

Free Member
Dec 31, 2009
Kent
Funster No
Looks like a good Photo Album could be made of UK site entrances Jim....Any Volunteers....then you can do France.
I'll start it with Wolverley C and CC (Gate on the right)

tonybrightspark

Attachments

• wolverley.jpg
    wolverley.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 17

derekfaeberwick

Free Member
Dec 1, 2007
Berwick
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
9 Years
Took this screen grab from Google Street View, it shows that they have even been down the little lanes as well. This shows the hedge I have removed ready for a gate to our future FL - Like a Caravan Club 5 site Certificated Location But it will hopefully be our,(MotorhomeFun's) first of many FL's, Fun Locations::bigsmile:

googlepic.gif

FL?:Blush: Sounds bad.

What's wrong with giving a location i.e. co.ordinates, and letting them use Google Earth? Honestly, I don't have a landline and it costs me too much to download 'Earth' to often.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
If you zoom in a little and look around, you should see the dates sort of water marked on the pictures.. Originally they showed month and year but I think only year is shown now for some reason ...

Kanberlingo

Free Member
May 18, 2009
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
10yrs. & 20yrs towing.
Oh! eck, Okay, I'll admit it, I am a technophobe:ROFLMAO: I've looked at the Google maps street view thingy, but all I'm getting is how fabulous it is & what you can do with it. But how the heck do you get into it? Do you download it, just run it & how, or what.

Can't see anywhere were you can type in your location/area you want to check-out, unlike Google Earth which is a doddle to use.
Go on, 'ave a laff.:Sad:

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a

googlepic.gif

How did you do that please ?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back