Google photos (1 Viewer)

Feb 29, 2012
Reading & Surgeres France.
Funster No
MH
Hymer 584
Exp
Motor homing since 1998.
Looking recently to use Picasa on my Win10 laptop I ended up using the Google photos app.
The app stores photos to a cloud & as I have a limited internet data package has eaten all my data.
I've looked to disable the app but can only find how to disable it on an Android device not a pc.
I'd really appreciate any advice any one could give please.
Thanks.
Barrie.

OP
OP
bjandlin
Feb 29, 2012
Funster No
MH
Hymer 584
Exp
Motor homing since 1998.
Thanks but apparently even deleating the app won't stop it up loading, it needs to be disabled first.
Barrie.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

?

Deleted User
You dont need the app on the PC. Delete it. Do you use Google as a home page and i am presuming its the windows computer that is the problem not the androids?

?

Deleted User
Also go to windows settings and privacy you will see lots of options for turning things off. You could turn 90% of that shit off as you (if like me) would never use them anyway.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
It is possible in using Google photos you downloaded the desktop uploader. This can be set to automatically upload any image files it finds on your computer. I suggest have a look in All apps under the start button for Google Desktop Uploader. If you find it try starting it and have a look in any settings menu you can find. Alternatively, and probably best in your case would be to uninstall it. You can still upload individual files from within Google photos if you wish.

Also make sure in Google photos you have chosen high quality as the back up option so should you decide to back up an image it won't be the full sized original image.

Edit: just having had a fiddle I'm not sure you can easily turn Google uploaded off so I suggest uninstall it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
bjandlin
Feb 29, 2012
Funster No
MH
Hymer 584
Exp
Motor homing since 1998.
Thanks again, but even so I can't stop it uploading automatically.Maybe ok on unlimited internet but descimates my monthly 10gb very quickly.
Google help shows how to disable the android app by turning off backup but the screens are different & there is no backup screen for the pc.
B.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back