Goodbye darling Dolly (1 Viewer)

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
Just had to say goodbye to our darling Dolly dog this morning. Vet said that he thought she had a brain tumour on top of all her other health problems. It's been very difficult coping with her for the last 18 months so we are now going to see what life is like without a dog. Having had dogs for the last 13 years I'm not sure how long I'll last though. It's all very strange.
Simonswald Dolly small.jpg

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Moist eye moment here, sharing your thoughts

You do know you have done the right thing, so much nicer than having to watch them suffer

As for another dog, you will if its right, when its the right time

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
So sorry to hear this. We are still undecided to have another after 2 years. We would always make comparisons.

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
So sorry to hear about Dolly @The Dude , it breaks your heart.
Lots of hugs.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Nothing to add really, it's hard and yet you know it's the right thing to do.

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Horrible news. Try not to focus on what happened today, but remember the love you shared and the good times you had.

Lisa

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20th Sept 2014
It's never easy to make that decision but it's one made from love. I had the pleasure of Dolly's company at the Lincolnshire show last year. She was a very sweet girly.
RIP Dolly, run free sweetie x

Aug 4, 2013
Oop North
Funster No
MH
None now 😢
Exp
Very Sorry from us too .....gutting to loose a much loved pet ... but good that you helped to ease her suffering.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
sending you a hug. Three years down the line is still not the right time for me and I doubt it ever will be.. Miss my little one so much still.. You will know what is right for you. :(

runrig

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 22, 2007
sheffield
Funster No
MH
Compass Kensington
Exp
25 years
Hi Dude,
Sorry to hear of your loss but memories will live on and cant be taken away and Dolly is waiting at Rainbow Bridge along with all the other pets lost by Funsters and they will be having a great time free from pain. xx

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
For all the good memories pets give us there is always that heartbreaking moment when the time comes to say goodbye. We've never been without a dog, 4 in 45 years of marriage and the loss never gets any easier. Feeling for you.

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Im so sorry to hear your sad news.
The worst part of being a pet owner.

Easyliving

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
I know how upsetting it is to have to make that last trip to the vets but you did the right thing. Its selfish to try to keep an animal going and maybe cause them suffering along the way.

There are loads of dogs out there waiting for loving homes.

Paul

WAG2CRU

Free Member
May 31, 2012
Argyll
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654SL Star Edition
Exp
since2012
So sorry to hear of your loss, saying good bye to a pet is never easy.

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
So very sorry, but you know you can't see them suffer.
X

M

Madwife

Deleted User
So sorry to hear the sad news but as others have said she had a great home with you and is not suffering now. She is running with all the other funster dogs at the rainbow bridge.

Kath and howie

Daifuse

Free Member
Feb 20, 2013
Milford Haven
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Since 2011
You have my sympathy. Lost a dear friend and companion Sammy - Welsh collie - 4 years ago, for the same reason as you lost Dolly. Reduced me to tears when we had to take her to the vets. We found we couldn't be without a dog so we went to our local rescue centre and brought home a pup. The companionship and love they give to you is immeasurable and I couldn't think of not having one. On our bedroom wall are pictures of all the dogs we've shared our home and lives with over the years.

dippingatoe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jul 23, 2013
UK
Funster No
MH
Thor Damon Daybreak 27P
Exp
jan 2014
So so sorry - they leave such a hole in your heart - Thinking of you and sending (((hugs)))

Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
So sorry to hear of your loss. Totally empathise. We lost our little Mandy this time last year. Went straight out and got another dog. Not as a replacement, just that We have done the 'no' dog thing and couldn't bear it.

Don't know if you have seen the poem below.....it helped me.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
So sorry it's so sad when it's time for them to leave us, what a beautiful looking dog she was, even in her picture she has a presence.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back