Free Member
Jan 14, 2011
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Our fourth glorious year!
At last! The CC has changed it's policy on Internet and rather than faff about with a day here and there you can now get unlimited access all year for a one off payment of £25!Brilliant for anyone spending long periods on CC sites.

Well done CC:thumb:

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
We wouldnt want wifi at a site.

Its the only way we can get away from the internet and you bloody lot!!!:roflmto:

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Gave up our membership last year only used CC sites 5 times in last 4 years so no point being a member cant say we've missed them either.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
If I lived next to or near a CC site I would pay this £25, rig up my iboost and cancel my internet contract with BT:thumb:

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
£44 a year's membership and more that half that again for wifi! Good job the site fees are so low on top of that :ROFLMAO:

By the way, do those sites that have TV arial connections charge too?

Wyn

Ber090

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 12, 2012
West Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2012
:winky:It makes the C & CC charges for wifi look a bit extortionate now. But so are their new " improved" site charges!
Bernie

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
some are cheaper than the CC charges for a bit of grass as well

OP
OP
JOHNSTEY

JOHNSTEY

Free Member
Jan 14, 2011
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Well its a step forward.............but most hotels and restaurants throw it in for nothing these days.

barry

Not anywhere we've been in Spain and if you go to a hotel in the UK you pay an extortionate price for a room anyway!:Smile:

OP
OP
JOHNSTEY

JOHNSTEY

Free Member
Jan 14, 2011
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
some are cheaper than the CC charges for a bit of grass as well

Where? ...we have been in our van for the past six months! Please let me know of a decent hotel which charges less than the £16 we are currently paying?:Smile:

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
Caravan Club

We gave them up this year.

Their wardens are such an unhappy and unhelpful bunch.

:Eeek::Eeek::Eeek:

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
If I lived next to or near a CC site I would pay this £25, rig up my iboost and cancel my internet contract with BT:thumb:

....and then watch the hour glass on your screen spinning round and round, as the connection will be so slow, with everyone trying to log on and watch Corrie, download this and that, and Skype through the ONE site connection. £25 to watch the hour glass spinning, no thanks......:winky:

I'll stick to "3" on my phone in the UK....:thumb:

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Not anywhere we've been in Spain and if you go to a hotel in the UK you pay an extortionate price for a room anyway!:Smile:

I visited family near Bristol recently, Room with breakfast, free wifi, (only in the lobby and bar though)

£19 per night...:thumb:

Oct 29, 2013
Dorset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
1 year motorhomer after 21 years caravanning
Agree its an improvement - all they have to do now is get the system reliable - have been on more CC sites with wifi problems than not so still some way to go.
Dave

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Where? ...we have been in our van for the past six months! Please let me know of a decent hotel which charges less than the £16 we are currently paying?:Smile:

Just had a week in sol e mar albufiera portugal for £18 a day for two bed and breakfast, as much as you can eat sheets and towles changed everyday with free wifi, ryanair £32 each return:thumb:

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
At last! The CC has changed it's policy on Internet and rather than faff about with a day here and there you can now get unlimited access all year for a one off payment of £25!Brilliant for anyone spending long periods on CC sites.

Well done CC:thumb:

:Cool:

Broken Link Removed

OP
OP
JOHNSTEY

JOHNSTEY

Free Member
Jan 14, 2011
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Just had a week in sol e mar albufiera portugal for £18 a day for two bed and breakfast, as much as you can eat sheets and towles changed everyday with free wifi, ryanair £32 each return:thumb:

Don't fancy eating the sheets!:ROFLMAO: It's OK flying from darn sarf but from Edinburgh it's over £200 each and takes 16hrs with stops in winter.:cry:Not much fun.We had the misfortune of being stuck in Albufiera when the ash cloud grounded everything so feel we have seen all we need to!:Smile:

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Don't fancy eating the sheets!:ROFLMAO: It's OK flying from darn sarf [HI]but from Edinburgh it's over £200 each and takes 16hrs with stops in winter[/HI].:cry:Not much fun.We had the misfortune of being stuck in Albufiera when the ash cloud grounded everything so feel we have seen all we need to!:Smile:

Short and cheap bus or train journey takes you to Newcastle from Edinburger in no time...

Newcastle to Faro direct, can be had from less than £60 return.....
:thumb:

:Smile:

Last edited:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years

....and then watch the hour glass on your screen spinning round and round, as the connection will be so slow, with everyone trying to log on and watch Corrie, download this and that, and Skype through the ONE site connection. £25 to watch the hour glass spinning, no thanks......:winky:

I'll stick to "3" on my phone in the UK....:thumb:

We have not had that problem with the iboost. Just point the aerial thingy at the wifi mast and bingo the signal is really boosted.

On a site in France last year the wifi was really slow just picking it up on my iPad. But, when I set up the iboost it was quicker than I get at home

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
The only way any hotel provides free WiFi is if they are using an existing domestic contract for commercial purposes. Otherwise the cost of the commercial service is rolled up into the room charge just like electricity, water &c.

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
We have not had that problem with the iboost. Just point the aerial thingy at the wifi mast and bingo the signal is really boosted.

On a site in France last year the wifi was really slow just picking it up on my iPad. But, when I set up the iboost it was quicker than I get at home

I also have an iBoost that we sometimes use on the ship, when in Port.

Yes it can pick up the signal, and the signal can become stronger, but my point is, what use is that signal, no matter how strong, if the bandwidth available is insufficient for dozens of people logged in and trying to download, watch on-line TV, on-line gaming, surfing, Skype etc etc.

I find this happens already when I go into hotels, bars, pubs, camp sites etc.
My WiFi has a great signal, but the wifi connection is just SOOO SLOW, so I just end up turning WiFi off and going onto my 3G for internet, much faster.....:thumb:
:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years

I also have an iBoost that we sometimes use on the ship, when in Port.

Yes it can pick up the signal, and the signal can become stronger, but my point is, what use is that signal, no matter how strong, if the bandwidth available is insufficient for dozens of people logged in and trying to download, watch on-line TV, on-line gaming, surfing, Skype etc etc.

I find this happens already when I go into hotels, bars, pubs, camp sites etc.
My WiFi has a great signal, but the wifi connection is just SOOO SLOW, so I just end up turning WiFi off and going onto my 3G for internet, much faster.....:thumb:
:

I see. I have never had any problems on CC sites though.

I just use it though when all the old foggies are watching their soaps.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back