good news and bad news

Discussion in 'GPS Navigation' started by Wildman, Oct 2, 2012.

1. Wildman

Wildman Read Only Funster

"Trevor" passed his MOT today with flying colours, thats the good news. Bad news is I plugged the laptop charging lead into my tom tom go 920 and fried both the lead and the tom tom:cry::cry:. New lead £15, now does anyone know of a tom tom repairer, Mine had outdated maps but never caused me a problem and had the whole of Europe on it. A Barsteward of a mouse ate its way through my European and French road maps so looks like I am being kept out of Europe. when I try to power the tom tom on all I get is a white screen so something is still alive in there. However it shows as dead when connected to my computer and tom tom home. I shall be lost without it, literally.

2. Snowbird

Snowbird Funster Life Member

If you contact TomTom they are very good. I do know that they used to send packaging and repair or replace free of charge, even when well out of warranty. Whether they still do I don't know as have not needed them for years.

3. chatter

chatter Read Only Funster

email tomtom they helped me bring a friends tomtom back from the dead - showed it had power but screen didnt want to work - mind you that was a soft ware problem caused by something being loaded onto it that was faulty, and when my little stand thing died rang them and they replaced it.

4. Wildman

Wildman Read Only Funster

had seen on the internet the fact that tom tom only deals with original purchasers, bought mine secondhand

5. Snowbird

Snowbird Funster Life Member

• Like Like x 3