keith55

Free Member
Jun 25, 2012
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Hi Folks, I'm totally new to all of this. I'd like to go to a meetup which the MH manufacturers attend, somewhere I can have a walk around the MHs,, pick up leaflets about accessories, and so on. Are there any meetings like this on the horizon?
Cheers, Keith

peter H

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 18, 2008
Neath, South Wales
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Nearly 4 years
On the home page of the forum, about half way down on the left hand side, there are dates of all the shows and planned meets this year, take your pick.

If and when you go, even if a day visitor, fine the funsters encampment (look for the flags) and say hello, there is bound to be someone around and we are a very friendly lot.

Peter

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
K

keith55

Free Member
Jun 25, 2012
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Thanks for the tips. I have been browsing through the lists of rallies and meets, but I was trying to work out which would be the best --sorting out the big uns from the little uns!

There's a message at the top of this forum stating that only subscribers can go to rallies, and non-subscribers can go to some of the meets. I guess I'm looking for ones which are open to the general public, where the major manufacturers are likely to be...

atlantisbird

Free Member
Mar 26, 2012
Near Bridlington
Funster No
MH
New Bentley C Class
Exp
since 2012 in own van
Welcome to the Funsters

Hello and welcome.
There are quite a few shows where you can visit and being in Yorkshire your nearest one will be Lincoln or Newark show grounds.
We went to Newark earlier this year and fell in love with our motorhome and it turned me over until all our money fell out.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
If you need to just go and have a look at many vans, when we started looking we often went
to Brownhills on the A1/ A52 and you could spend a day there and have a good nosy. They have a good cafe there where we used to go for meals and all the vans are usually open so you can just wander into any without a salesman bothering you.
We did not buy from them but the experience to make up our minds which one to get was invaluable. If you fancy a few days in Germany you can always go to the Dusseldorf Messe end of August beginning September where all the european makes will be on display or wait till NEC later in the year.
Look online for motorhome shows or get any of the magazines which should give you an idea.
Dont rush into buying take your time.
If you look at some of the funsters rallies they are actually at motorhome shows.
Hope this helps from another relative newbie.

Atlantisbird
Ann & Harry

OP
OP
K

keith55

Free Member
Jun 25, 2012
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Thanks, Anne & Harry, that's very useful info. I'll definitely get myself over there and have a a wander around.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back