Good manners? (1 Viewer)

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
The other element of bad driving which seems to be on the increase is running red lights. These days when we are stopped at a busy junction waiting for the lights to change it's almost inevitable that at least one vehicle will go through a red.

refer to previous post :ROFLMAO:

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
We live in a village accessed via a single track road with passing places. Today, on returning from a trip out with our MH we were about halfway along the lane when a "Gentleman" driving a black Audi A4 entered the lane from the opposite end.

On seeing our MH he accelerated along the lane, ignoring two passing places, until he ended up bumper to bumper with us. He then preoceeded to wind down his window and tell us to reverse out of his "f***ing" way. We were told that drivers of such "F***ing" vehicles should not use narrow roads! He then turned off his ignition and sat with his arms folded.

By now we had another car behind us although this appeared to make no difference to the "Gentleman" concerned.

I got out of our MH and pointed out to him, politely of course, that since we were equipped with cooking facilities, toilet and beds we could probably wait there longer than he could.

At that he started his engine and reversed with the engine screaming all the way along the lane, again ignoring the passing places. As we passed him I noticed in my mirror that the car following us gave him a wave (of the two fingered variety)! At least the look on his face, and his irate reaction to the car following us showed that it wasn't just us who got up his nose.

Perhaps he was just having a bad hair day! :Angry:

If you'd had a road camera in the front of the vehicle you could have pointed out to the charming man that the footage of his driving will be sent to;

a; the police,
and b; you've been framed.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

willow15

Free Member
Jun 2, 2013
tyne and wear
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
I'm a newbie
This thread has made me laugh and also convinced me to get rid of £10. I am a newb (for this site and also being a motor homer) but had to reply to this. Love the idea of tea or reverse, tea. Is there a scientific equation for this?

Today I took my pride and joy for it's service which was probably a 25 mile journey round trip and witnessed some horrendous driving. The best one being an idiot who pulled alongside me at a set of traffic lights, his lane was right turn only mine being straight ahead. I knew exactly what his intentions were (big thing=slow, I can out accelerate it and get in the lane I should be in, but in front of the big thing). He got a shock when the big thing accelerated at the same speed as his car, I eventually let the idiot in and hopefully he will now be more road aware.

PS some Audi drivers know how to indicate, are polite and own a motorhome. :Smile:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
What concerns me is, who in there right mind would buy an Audi when they can have a VW at half the price with the same engine:ROFLMAO:

Teepee

Free Member
Oct 14, 2012
Essex
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
1 year
My rule of thumb is treat everybody on the road as an idiot unless they prove otherwise.

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
what a strange thread:Sad:
i drive all day every day,covering thousands of miles and come into close contact with hundreds if not thousands of other motorists,and do meet a few w**kers,but in general driving standards are not that bad in this country:thumb:
people from all walks of life(even motorhomers) make mistakes or bad judgements when driving,even me:Eeek:
the guy in the audi probably got sent up the single track road by his satnav,happens to me every day,if im in a van,motorhome or 7.5 ton lorry i try to avoid single track roads but some times they are unavoidable.
as for getting out the motorhome and having a word with the guy,are you mad,it was ok this time,next time it might not be,next time you could find yourself unable to walk back to your motorhome:Eeek:
we all think we are big enough,hard enough,to handle any situation but it only takes one nutter to dispel that thought :Eeek:
just a thought! the guy in the audi is probably posting on an audi forum,that he was driveing up a single track road and see a big motorhome coming the other way who passed 2 passing places and refused to give way,and forced him to reverse.lol

Last edited:

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Nothing surprises me.
Mind you this is typical behaviour of German Vehicle Owners, VW, Audi, Burstner’s and Messerschmitt are top of the list. Just can’t trust these Eric worshiping rabble. A good sharp poke with a stick should have seen him off.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Nothing surprises me.
Mind you this is typical behaviour of German Vehicle Owners, VW, Audi, Burstner’s and Messerschmitt are top of the list. Just can’t trust these Eric worshiping rabble. A good sharp poke with a stick should have seen him off.

Thinks - must give him that sticker for his Rapido saying "I wish I was a Burstner" :ROFLMAO:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
This thread has made me laugh and also convinced me to get rid of £10. I am a newb (for this site and also being a motor homer) but had to reply to this. Love the idea of tea or reverse, tea. Is there a scientific equation for this?

Today I took my pride and joy for it's service which was probably a 25 mile journey round trip and witnessed some horrendous driving. The best one being an idiot who pulled alongside me at a set of traffic lights, his lane was right turn only mine being straight ahead. I knew exactly what his intentions were (big thing=slow, I can out accelerate it and get in the lane I should be in, but in front of the big thing). He got a shock when the big thing accelerated at the same speed as his car, I eventually let the idiot in and hopefully he will now be more road aware.

PS some Audi drivers know how to indicate, are polite and own a motorhome. :Smile:

mistake number one.....never intentionally let them in....let them run out of road and have to stop.
let them in and they will continue to do it.

i dont know who winds me up more....the clown trying to get in or the bigger clown who lets them in.:Angry:.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
:
we all think we are big enough,hard enough,to handle any situation but it only takes one nutter to dispel that thought :Eeek:

Yosser is proof of this......he may be a nutter but has a heart of gold

just recently went to break up fight, guy beating his girlfriend/wife, and got a knife in his belly for his trouble.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back