Good Evening my people...

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by old-mo, Dec 19, 2013.

1. old-mo

old-mo Funster Extra Special Life Member

Well if JJ can have his people,,,, I can have mine.... :BigGrin:

But mine are quality people... :Wink:

Nice run down from Santander,,,,, bright sunshine, went through a long, long tunnel, came out tother side to a pee super of fog, down to 20mph,,,, (Well the Spanish were not:cry:)... then after an hour torrential rain till we got to Albecete.... then sun and a bit of cloud...

Gets to the site and meets up with Brisey (Brian & Pam) there usual warm welcoming selves....... picked out a plot and gets set up...... then the bloody rain comes down, and 7pm Spanish it`s still raining... :Sad:... but tis warm rain.... :Rofl1:

Site WiFi from 3 euros a day .... and slow... :Sad:,,,, so thought I have all this hardware on the roof, lets have a laugh and see what happens.... flicks a couple of buttons and up goes the dish and has a mad couple of minutes like a spinning top, then plonk stops...

Switches on the puter.... and here I am... fast and very strong signal.... strong enough to supply all the site.. But had to help the dish up with a gentle push.... cos bloody Brittany Ferries tried to put us on a deck that was too low and think it jammed my dish down.. :Angry:

Anyway seems OK... Brisey,,,, wont come over tonight as it`s wet... :cry: but if you look on available internet accesses and see "Hymernet" all one word how strong is the signal.. ? cos that`s me,,,, and if I can find my password and it`s a strong signal where you are I`ll try and find password..then you can couple up to me.. :thumb:

Found a fantastic (I think New) Aire,,, just short of Madrid,,,, spotless, bays big enough for the biggest rig & Trailer,,,, and hundreds of some covered spots for Euro vans... and each have there own table and chairs...and as far as I can tell, it`s free... no detours, right alongside the road... :thumb:

Well that`s it,,,, just looking forwards to some sunshine... and some Spanish Sweet White Wine... :Wink::BigGrin:

• Like Like x 20
  2. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

Good Evening my people...

Oi....dont push it matey. :Wink:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Dawn B

Dawn B Funster

:coolthumb:

4. Wildman

Wildman Read Only Funster

dare I ask how much a month the sat internet costs:Cool::Cool::Cool:

5. Organplayer

Organplayer Funster

Organplayer

Hi Ho Old Mo. We shall be down there, somewhere, 9th Jan. Please keep some sunshine for us. Best wishes, Ed

• Like Like x 1
  6. old-mo

£24-99 a month, Roger..... on a long trip I would use that in a couple of weeks with the dongle we usually use..... plus when we have lost tinternet at home,,,, which is regular with Talk-Talk we use it at home.. :thumb:

I certainly would not have had it put on this M/H.... came with it all on... :BigGrin:

I`ll do my best.... Brisey promised me wall to wall sunshine and what did we get..... :rain::rain::rain::rain::cry::BigGrin:

7. bobandjanie

bobandjanie Funster Life Member

Same here in Javea Mo, been raining on and off all day, our friends arrive tomorrow, and having a hell of a journey through France, still its been nice for the last 17 days and it wont last long. :BigGrin:
    We had a brilliant day yesterday, father Christmas and his helpers came round the site yesterday.............In his truck. :Rofl1:
    Gave everyone a present, in my case a bottle of red wine, a shot of something and a cake, we all went to the party, where they cooked 2 large paella and forced loads of wine and beer down our necks, as they do every year, :Doh: and then entertained us with music and karoke. :thumb:
    And the sun shone all day, glad they never had it today. :Eek!: :cry:

We are still your people Mo, :Wink: and the bank details are the same as last time. :Rofl1:

Hope the weather clears up, :Wink: or you will be forever cleaning with Judy and Paul tramping in and out. :Laughing: Bob and Jane.

• Like Like x 2
  8. old-mo

You at the Camping & Caravaning club meet, Bob..... we were talking to a couple on the ferry that were going to that meet... :thumb:

Might try and catch up with you for a drink... :thumb:

9. grasscutter

grasscutter Funster Life Member

Mo, how come we have had weeks of reports of bright warm sunshine, and then you arrive.:Rofl1::Rofl1:

• Like Like x 1
  10. old-mo

Think the site laid it on special for me....

Just to make us feel at home... :RollEyes::BigGrin:

11. bobandjanie

bobandjanie Funster Life Member

No we are at camping javea Mo, we will be hare for another 2 or 3 months, but might pop off in the camper, and we will be leaving the tin shed in Spain.:thumb: Bob.

http://www.campingjavea.es/

• Like Like x 2
  12. Brisey

Brisey Funster Life Member

Mo, the campsite owners got it all wrong!!
    I told them that you Reign over the Funsters not rain on them.
    Personally I think that you are after taking the Soggies title away from Laneside.

Brisey.

• Like Like x 4
  13. lunarman

lunarman Funster

Quite from the original post "Brisey....you can couple up to me" :Eeek:

The mind boggles at the prospect :Rofl1::Rofl1:

• Like Like x 3
  14. Chris

Chris Funster Life Member

Have a great time Mo:thumb:

Having fun here too. Just back from my local which has a happy mix of reasonably normal people and gangsters.:BigGrin:

Attractive barmaids though and San Miguel on tap:thumb:

• Like Like x 1