Good deal for a new HP laptop

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Minxy Girl, Feb 10, 2015.

1. Minxy Girl

Minxy Girl Funster Life Member

Just decided to 'treat' myself to a new HP 15.6" laptop for £249.97 (after £75 cashback from HP) plus £4.97 delivery (it's easy to do the cashback so not an issue). Seeing as my current HP laptop is over 3 years old and has had a LOT of use it seemed a good deal on this one and means that hubby can have my old one.

My new one is a HP ProBook 455 G2 Quad Core with 4GB Ram, 500GB HDD, 64bit operating system and comes with Windows 7 Pro / Windows 8.1 Pro -
    you have a choice of using either Windows 7 Pro or Window 8.1 Pro (you choose when you first use it. It isn't a touchscreen but that doesn't matter to me as, being a proper typist rather than a '2 finger prodder' I don't tend to move my hands off the keyboard anyway other than for the mouse!

Its about 1.2 kg lighter than my existing HP too which is a bonus.

http://www.laptopsdirect.co.uk/Hewlett_Packard_ProBook_455_G2_A8-7100_G6W45EA/version.asp

• Like Like x 4
  2. denisejoe

denisejoe Funster Life Member

Windows 8.1 is useless for a touch typist! Wish I'd stuck with Windows 7 - absolutely hate 8. Although I read in a PC magazine at the weekend that both Windows 7 and 8 users should be able to upgrade to 10 when it comes out FREE OF CHARGE!

Denise

3. Minxy Girl

Yup, exactly why I'll be using it with Windows 7!

• Like Like x 1
  4. dave newell lvs

dave newell lvs Trader-Vehicle Services

Windows 8.1 is just useless full stop! I have a HP lappy with it on and its a total pain and actually slower than the laptop I had 5 years ago yet this supposedly has a higher spec.

D.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Minxy Girl

Trouble is Dave the later systems need more of the resources to work which can use up any benefit you've got with having a higher spec laptop!

6. Minxy Girl

Bummer ... the original seller still have NOT despatched my laptop! Despite getting in touch with them today they don't know when they will definitely send it out, possibly next Monday/Tuesday, so I've cancelled the order and re-ordered it from the below instead for £333.92 (including max of 2 working day's delivery); I ordered it from this new company today at 4.55 pm and it's already left the warehouse so I should get it by Tuesday at the very latest!:

http://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/G6W45EAABU-HP-ProBook-455-G2_1639633.html

The original one was £329.94 but that is irrelevant as they couldn't guarantee I'd get it before we go to Spain even if I paid for a quicker delivery which would then have made it dearer than the other!