Good Campsites in the Peak District? (1 Viewer)

zen navigator

Free Member
Mar 27, 2009
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Hi,

Relative newbies here, enjoying our first season in the Motorhome. So would appreciate some help in picking a good site to pitch. I appreciate one persons good un is another persons dump :whatthe:

So my criteria is:

1. Its got to have mains. The missus needs are mod cons :RollEyes:

2. Good walking and scenery start points close to the site. :thumb:

3. A pub or two within walking distance :drink:

So there it is, anyone know of any sites in the Peak District that meet that criteria that come with a recommendation.

Dave and Sylvia

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Hi,

Relative newbies here, enjoying our first season in the Motorhome. So would appreciate some help in picking a good site to pitch. I appreciate one persons good un is another persons dump :whatthe:

So my criteria is:

1. Its got to have mains. The missus needs are mod cons :RollEyes:

2. Good walking and scenery start points close to the site. :thumb:

3. A pub or two within walking distance :drink:

So there it is, anyone know of any sites in the Peak District that meet that criteria that come with a recommendation.

Dave and Sylvia

If you are a member of the Caravan Club there is a great CL (certified location) site just outside Hayfield, on the road to Glossop I think, which meets most of your criteria.

It slopes but has level pitches cut into the side of the hill & views to die for.

runrig

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 22, 2007
sheffield
Funster No
MH
Compass Kensington
Exp
25 years
Hi Dave & Sylvia,

Can recommend the following campsite:-

Harhurst Farm,
Hope Valley,
Derbyshire.
S33 6RB
Tele - 01433 620001.

This campsite has electric hookups, is situated about 200 yards from the Travellers
pub, and the owner does a mammoth breakfast in the onsite cafe. It is an easy level walk into Hope and Castleton as well as easy access to the surrounding hills.
If you decide to go ENJOY. :thumb: :thumb:

Mick & Sheila

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Z

zen navigator

Free Member
Mar 27, 2009
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Thanks Guys,

Looks like a good one and definitely one to seriously consider. Ticks all the boxes :thumb:

Hi Dave & Sylvia,

Can recommend the following campsite:-

Harhurst Farm,
Hope Valley,
Derbyshire.
S33 6RB
Tele - 01433 620001.

This campsite has electric hookups, is situated about 200 yards from the Travellers
pub, and the owner does a mammoth breakfast in the onsite cafe. It is an easy level walk into Hope and Castleton as well as easy access to the surrounding hills.
If you decide to go ENJOY. :thumb: :thumb:

Mick & Sheila

OP
OP
Z

zen navigator

Free Member
Mar 27, 2009
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
First is the Caravan Club the same as the Camping & Caravan Club?

I know of a campsite just outside Hayfield, which is the latter. But it is not cut into an hill? Have stayed there but was not mains, but great views\walks and Hayfield village just a 10 min walk.

So be interested to know more about this other site?

Dave and Sylvia

If you are a member of the Caravan Club there is a great CL (certified location) site just outside Hayfield, on the road to Glossop I think, which meets most of your criteria.

It slopes but has level pitches cut into the side of the hill & views to die for.

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
First is the Caravan Club the same as the Camping & Caravan Club? No two different clubs

I know of a campsite just outside Hayfield, which is the latter. But it is not cut into an hill? Have stayed there but was not mains, but great views\walks and Hayfield village just a 10 min walk.

So be interested to know more about this other site?

Dave and Sylvia

To stay at a CC CL you have to be a member. They have hookup (mostly) with water & a toilet disposal point. As a member you will get a book that explains all. Many MHers are members just for the CL sites as many of us don't like the regimentation of the large sites. :Eeek:

The CC have a site just outside Castleton which is just a short walk from the village, & of course Castelton area is a walking mecca. These club sites have ALL facilities, suit your missus with all mod cons. :thumb:

Some CC sites do take non members & Casleton is one of them. If you want to try it call 01433 620636. It is a nice site but not cheap.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi Dave

We are thinking of spending a few days at Rivendale after the Americana meet.

Link Removed

Henryhymer

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
Funster No
Rivendale would tick all your boxes. Stayed there earlier in year - lovely site and good facilities (including bar on site). Didn't use the van for several days as lots of walks direct from site entrance.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back