Good bye... (1 Viewer)

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
That's it ..... Early this morning my little doggy has gone...Réglisse (Licorice) was 15 years old. His kidneys couldn't do their job anymore and i had to take a decision before it became too painfull for him.
Hard stuff indeed, but that was the last love gesture i could do for him.

He has gone smoothly and peacefully,with confidence, in my arms with my cuddles and kisses. So all my wishes for his "departure" were fullfilled.... Rest in peace my little one..:Sad:

Frankie:Sad:

6pm Cowboy

Free Member
Jun 26, 2009
South Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
none ( yet )
Exp
0 - but I live in hope
Sorry to hear that Frankie. We had to let ours go just before xmas at the same age as yours. I know how much you will miss hime

Kooky

Free Member
Jan 12, 2008
West Scotland-Loch Lomond
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2006... but caravans and tents before that
Oh Frankie, I'm so sorry I know how much he meant to you.
Thinking about you, hugs and kisses,

Shona

Scunny-Arfie

Free Member
Sep 21, 2008
Scunthorpe
Funster No
Very sorry to hear of your loss of a much loved dog, we lost ours (Billy) about 5 weeks ago + i still miss him like hell.

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Frankie.

Sorry to hear about your little dog.
At least you could make his passing painless, I think that as pet owners we owe them this service, for the years of devotion that they give us. I know how you feel have been in this position myself.

My thoughts are with you at this time.

Dave:thumb::thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
It is so sad when a loved one passes on, but it was his time and luckily he had you to make sure he suffered no more. I know how hard it was for you, but you know it was the right thing to do. My thoughts and best wishes are with you.:Sad:

Losos

Free Member
Feb 17, 2009
Suffolk & Czechland
Funster No
MH
Looking to buyi
Exp
N/a
Oh Frankie I'm so sorry to read that, I don't think people who've never owned a dog really know what kind of a bond you build with them. It's a terrible hard decision but it's the right one when they are suffering so much. He will be waiting for you at the bridge and in the meantime run free little one.

Blisters

Free Member
Apr 2, 2008
Stoke on Trent
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
March 2006
Sorry to hear your sad news Frankie,

As dog owners/llovers our selves we know how hard it is to make that final decision, but it sounds like you have made the right one in not prolonging his suffering

15 is a good age for any dog, and i know he will have had a good life with you and the kids when they were all younger

it may take a while for the hurt to subside, but you will always remember him with foundness we're sure

Graham n kay

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Ah, so sorry to hear that Frankie, its one of the downsides of owning pets :Sad:

Thinking of you
xx

Andy 01424

Free Member
Aug 10, 2009
Hastings East Sussex
Funster No
MH
RV soon!
Exp
0 but lived in static for 2yrs
Sry to see th eloss,we had to do the same 2 months ago[Squeaky [cat] well nearly she was 18,decide it was time,but during the night she crawled to her side of the bed where she slept with me and died,i a pet is not a pet,there a family member and sorely missed,like me think of Liquorice,is now up there bouncing around having fun,and she is watching over you:Smile:

weymard

Free Member
Jan 25, 2009
CHERBOURG NORMANDY
Funster No
MH
US TRUCK CAMPER
Exp
:Sad: Désolé pour toi Frankie, nous savons tous combien nos compagnons à quatre pattes nous tiennent chaud au coeur. Je suis sûr que Réglisse aura eu une douce vie à tes côtés.

roadtraveller

Free Member
Aug 14, 2007
Kings Norton, Birmingham
Funster No
Exp
20 years plus
So sorry to hear about your dog Frankie, ours died in O/H's arms in February aged 12 and 1/2 and it is so hard to bear, but you did the best thing for him, and he's now running at Rainbow Bridge free from pain and happy.

Please see below:-

Link Removed

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
You still have your memories of Liquorice and pictures which will last forever and will always bring a smile to your face.

You ended his suffering and set him free from pain.

I also had to do the same with my last pet dog Shep. Heartbreaking.

I now have 3 dogs to give my love and kisses to.

Take care Frankie

Lesley

Ruddy

Free Member
Feb 24, 2009
Haverhill,Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
> 1yr
This is the one thing im not looking forward too :Sad:, It makes me sad when I hear news like this.Our thoughts are with you.

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Im sorry to read you had to make this decision Frankie but you have done your best for Liquorice, and im sure he knows you loved him now he is without any pain over rainbow bridge where the sun always shines

maggie

ehuplad

Free Member
Feb 9, 2009
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hobby 600
Exp
Sorry to hear of your loss, this is one of the hardest decisions you will have to make but you new when the time was right.

Venita

Free Member
Jul 6, 2009
Co. Durham
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
I am sorry to hear your bad news. At least you do have the choice with a dog and you can be kind to them. Your dog is a precious part of your family and I really am feeling for you at this sad time x

jomel

Free Member
Jul 31, 2009
Clevedon, Bristol
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
1 week (ahh)
Frankie, Im so sorry to read this. You have some lovely memories with little liquorice and he will be in your heart forever.
I know how hard it must have been.

tony morris

Free Member
Jun 27, 2008
Calcot Reading Berkshire
Funster No
MH
bailey caravan
Exp
30 months mh 40+ years tugger and camping
Frankie so sorry of your lose we lost are cat after 16 years they are one of the familey will take a long time to get over

OP
OP
yodeli
Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Thanks ever so much to all, for you nice posts, it helps a great deal... Just come back from my sister's farm.She has a nice piece of land (i only rent my house and garden). So my little Réglisse is now in his last home surrounded by flowers, birds and butterflies. He'll be fine...

Frankie

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
So sorry for you. I lost my little kitten recently and it broke my heart.
Eileen x

savantuk

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Cumbria, Lake district UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
30 years.
Frankie, I don't really know what to say, except that you are in my thoughts.

A beloved pet is as difficult to leave as any other loved one, and I know from experience that losing a pet can be a devastating experience.

I hope the ache dulls soon, and that you might replace little 'Liquorice', but you will still love him forever.

Doug

slickmouse

Free Member
Dec 30, 2007
Planet Mars next 2 Uranus
Funster No
MH
Winne/DAF Coach
A man and his dog were walking along a road.

The man was enjoying the scenery, when it suddenly occurred to him that he was dead. He remembered dying, and that the dog had been dead for years. He wondered where the road was leading them. After a while, they came to a high, white stone wall along one side of the road. It looked like fine marble.

At the top of a long hill, it was broken by a tall arch that glowed in the sunlight. When he was standing before it, he saw a magnificent gate in the arch that looked like mother of pearl, and the street that led to the gate looked like pure gold. He and the dog walked toward the gate, and as he got closer, he saw a man at a desk to one side. When he was close enough, he called out, "Excuse me, where are we?"

"This is heaven, sir," the man answered.

"Wow! Would you happen to have some water?" The man asked.

"Of course, sir. Come right in, and I'll have some ice water brought right up." The man gestured, and the gate began to open.

"Can my friend," gesturing toward his dog, "come in, too?" The traveller asked.

"I'm sorry; sir, but we don't accept pets."

The man thought a moment and then turned back toward the road and continued the way he had been going.

After another long walk, and at the top of another long hill, he came to a dirt road which led through a farm gate that looked as if it had never been closed. There was no fence. As he approached the gate, he saw a man inside, leaning against a tree and reading a book.

"Excuse me!" He called to the reader. "Do you have any water?"

"Yeah, sure, there's a pump over there" The man pointed to a place that couldn't be seen from outside the gate. "Come on in."

"How about my friend here?" The traveller gestured to the dog.

"There should be a bowl by the pump."

They went through the gate, and sure enough, there was an old fashioned hand pump with a bowl beside it. The traveller filled the bowl and took a long drink himself, then he gave some to the dog. When they were full, he and the dog walked back toward the man who was standing by the tree waiting for them.

"What do you call this place?" The traveller asked.

"This is heaven," was the answer.

"Well, that's confusing," the traveller said. "The man down the road said that was heaven, too."

"Oh, you mean the place with the Gold Street and pearly gates? Nope.

That's hell."

"Doesn't it make you mad for them to use your name like that?"

"No. I can see how you might think so, but we're just happy that they screen out the folks who'll leave their best friends behind."

Tony Santara

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Cheshire (ex Mancunian)
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 1994
Frankie......I'm so sorry for your loss Ruth and I had a Golden Retriever dog called "Chuck" who was part of our family for 15 years. One morning when I got up for work he had a stroke had we had to have him " put to sleep "

Now there is a plaque to his memory with his name inscribed on it in his favourite part of the garden where he used sit and watch the world go by.

We know how you feel

Tony and Ruth

MrJinks

Free Member
Sep 1, 2008
Dorchester, Dorset
Funster No
MH
C Class RV
Exp
6 years
Frankie

Sorry to read your news. It is very sad when you lose your best friend.

Remember all the good times with him.

Garry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back