Good books advice

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by mikempg, Apr 16, 2013.

1. mikempg

mikempg Read Only Funster

Hi All,

There is so much info on here, There is no doubt all my questions would have been answered, so apols for the request!

Please could I ask a massive favor, I'm planning a 6 month trip through France and Northern Spain , South of France and possibly to Tuscany or Corsica. Or Portugal

I have used the Aires in france before, but only through the assistance of a french girl. Not so lucky this time...yet!

I'm planning a lot of free stopovers in safe Aires , or very reasonable Municipals , iv just purchased, The France Passion book.

I don't really want to spend a mint on books, be it paper format or electric. Also , I like concise as as im not a massive lover of paper, unless its the spending type.

But for predominantly France and Northern Spain, which ones would you consider pretty essential and invaluable for 2013

Im planning to head off soon, so will have to get some orders in , or il be on the road regretting not doing my sums!

Any advice on titles , be it Paper, Electric , id be really grateful!

Mike :Smile:

Last edited: Apr 16, 2013
  2. BritStops

BritStops Trader BritStop Owner

Hi Mike,

As you've already got France Passion, you might like to add the Spanish version, Espana Discovery to that.

Link to website here, or you can get it from Vicarious books.

Steve :Smile:

3. chaser

chaser Funster

There is so much on the web , if you are taking some form of computer with you , you won't need many books

4. JeanLuc

JeanLuc Funster

A search will show that I, and many others, have recommended Camping Car Infos whenever people ask this question. It is our primary source for aires. If you want a portable version without internet access, you can download a copy to install on your pc for a very modest fee. Also, the SatNav POI files are freely downloadable from the website. In French, but very easy to understand and it covers many countries.

http://www.campingcar-infos.com/index1.htm

5. chaser

chaser Funster

Another good one I have found, although in French is really self explanatry is www.i-campingcar.fr

6. tonka

tonka Funster Life Member

• Like Like x 1
  7. mikempg

mikempg Read Only Funster

Cheers guys, at least it will save a bit of server load for others too :RollEyes:

Now iv got some names to go on, the search facility will be used! :Smile:

Thanks again
    Mike

8. Phill D

Phill D

if you are taking a windows pc i like the ACSI interactive DVD. once loaded it allows you to look for sites by a simple click of the mouse on any area of the map, zoom in, photos of the site and loads of data, even a route between chosen sites. and its not only ACSI discounted sites its also any site that has been accredited by them so there are loads more than in the book and it covers the whole of Europe.:thumb: £11 either from ACSI or Vicariuos books.

9. magicsurfbus

magicsurfbus Funster

I plan every French trip using the CCI website, Google Translate and Google Streetview, then navigate around the aires using CCI's free POI files.