good/bad points please (1 Viewer)

Feb 26, 2013
Pinar de Campoverde, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
feedback wanted please from current or previous owners of an Autotrail Cheyenne 696G and Fiat Bessacarr E480 , Could you tell me your thoughts please, would you recommend one, any niggly problems?
Any feedback appreciated ::bigsmile:

jb0371old

Free Member
Jul 8, 2011
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
1 year
we have an 03 autotrail, great galley seat layout, loads of space. Not sure about niggly prolems, but had to keep on top of a couple of things, nothing that prob doesnt go wrong on any 10 year old mhome. ours is on a merc chassis.

jb0371old

Free Member
Jul 8, 2011
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
1 year
I dont really thinks it matters, but some people seem to think so, we never actually set out for the merc chassis, it just came with the layout we liked, due to having 3 dogs. I could be wrong but I think you can swivel both seats on a ducato but only the passenger on the merc.

Great big garage on the cheyenne though. Only downside to ours is that when you step out of the bog, you cannot have a privacy area, although as ours is the lowline and its only the two of us its no problem (the missis loves me doing the willy dance):winky:

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Hi
We have a E480 1Year old on the Fiat, no prob's up to date , we bought it for the seating layout and the large garage (currently loaded to the max) for our trip to Spain and Portugal. the only bits we have added are a solar panel, TV aerial, second hab/bat, and a flip up flap to the kitchen worktop for extra room, and I found a large covered over storage area in the base of the wardrobe to the front which we now use for shoes etc, good size bed, toilet/shower a bit tight but serviceable when not on a site, we are pleased with it and it's our second Bessie. Pete :thumb::thumb:

happypre65

Free Member
Nov 12, 2010
Funster No
:thumb::thumb:Hi, if you search the info on this site it will give you a good look at the good and bad,the one thing is that a mercedes is normally a rear wheel drive and the ones you are loking at are possibly front wheel drive,but it depends on what you want to do with it and your budget,but lots of info on the net if you look for different makes.regards H.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

beachcaster

Free Member
Dec 18, 2010
east sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
a few years
feedback wanted please from current or previous owners of an Autotrail Cheyenne 696G and Fiat Bessacarr E480 , Could you tell me your thoughts please, would you recommend one, any niggly problems?
Any feedback appreciated ::bigsmile:

I have an Autotrail......... 2009 SE 696G even though my details say it 690.

I have it with the 3 litre Fiat auto which is brilliant.
The layout suits us as we only ever use it as a couple and have a double bed each. We have a dome satellite and a solar panel............overall there are small construction niggles....but nothing serious............nothing that cant be improved or rectified if you are a hanyman. The Autotrails seem better made than some other makes we have looked at.

Im not sure if the perfect layout or manufacturer exists.
We have thought of changing but even at the shows have never found anything we like better.
The size is good not too small ...not too big.plenty of headroom and storage.
The radio is fine when parked up but rubbish when travelling....apart from that
she still looks smart and we like the old girl.

barry:Smile:

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back