Good All DFDS Ferries (1 Viewer)

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Doctor has told me today to cancel my 7 week trip to Europe, departing next Wednesday. Suspected torn shoulder ligaments and a 3 week wait for x ray to confirm damage. :cry::cry:

Phoned DFDS fearing total loss of ferry booking and to my surprise they have given me a total refund. They would have been in there right to offer my nothing, so very pleased with their customer service.

Oh well! onwards and upwards !

Last edited:

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
So that's you out of the World Cup! Hope you're soon on the mend and can give DFDS their money back soon. :thumb:

Rob and Val

Free Member
Oct 17, 2010
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Compass Calypso
Exp
Since July 2010
That must be so disappointing for you. I know how I would feel. We love going to France and to have to cancel so soon to departure date would be awful. Hope your shoulder mends quickly.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Doctor has told me today to cancel my 7 week trip to Europe, departing next Wednesday. Suspected torn shoulder ligaments and a 3 week wait for x ray to confirm damage. :cry::cry:

Phoned DFDS fearing total loss of ferry booking and to my surprise they have given me a total refund. They would have been in there right to offer my nothing, so very pleased with their customer service.

Oh well! onwards and upwards !
Oh dear, poor you ... but I have to ask ... did you do it catching that big fish in your avatar????? :roflmto:

OP
OP
PhilandMena
Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Thank you one and all for your kind words. We are quite philosophical about the whole thing as we know after this is resolved we will get back on the road again. Still scratching my head on how this damage to my shoulder occurred as I never felt a thing or had an event before the pain came on! Come to think of it! I do on occasions snore..........Ah Ha! My Irish Redhead wife perhaps !!!

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
hope you get it sorted soon, :thumb:

had a similar episode a short while back, woke one morning could hardly move my left shoulder and it got worse. no idea how it happened.:Eeek:

i swore the wife clouted me while snoring ( after a glass of the Red, which i am now banned by SWMBO from consuming :cry: )

anyway it took 6 physio sessions once a week ( plus as much as i could stand in between) to get it sorted.

SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Fulltiming since February 2013
Could it possibly be tendonitis if you don't know how it occurred? I suffer from this every now and then, I had a shoulder injury many years ago and a couple of years ago I suddenly couldn't lift anything with my left arm at a certain angle. It lasts from a few days to a few weeks and can be painful. Anyway it is good to know you got a refund. And, as Rolfarris says, a recall for Heskey looks on the cards...

Last edited:
OP
OP
PhilandMena
Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Talk about good luck! Got a phone call today from hospital today and I'm in for an ultrasound scan tomorrow morning. If scan reveals no torn ligaments I should be OK for trip after all.
Fingers crossed, Hope it's a go !

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
that's it.please don't drink all the wine.we hope to go over later in the year.:thumb:

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Sorry you're in pain, pleased you are getting the diagnostic tests so soon and full marks to DFDS.

Hope it isn't serious and that you are on the road again very quickly.

OP
OP
PhilandMena
Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Inflammation of the tendons/ligaments.......nothing torn! Yipee!
Ferry booked and soon be on our way.

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
please leave some wine for the rest of us.have a great trip.green with envy.:Cool:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back