Good afternoon (1 Viewer)

Bridgy

Free Member
Jan 15, 2010
Liverpool
Funster No
I am a new member on here and also an Insurance manager dealing in motorhomes.

Before I get slated and ripped apart by you all I would like you all to know that I am on here in a non proffesional manner.

I am just interested in what you guys require, need, moan about etc etc. And if someone would like some advice I would be more than happy to help.

I have been slated on a previous site because of my career so please give me the benefit of the doubt as I will not be contacting any of your for your insurance details etc.

Thanks for spending the time to read this.

Bridgy

jomel

Free Member
Jul 31, 2009
Clevedon, Bristol
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
1 week (ahh)
:welcome: Hello and welcome. This should be an interesting thread. Great idea to ask what we really want.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
Hi Bridgy, welcome to the forum :welcomefunster:
I am sure nobody on this forum would slate you because of your profession::bigsmile:

flyingwelcome

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Hi and welcome to Fun
we donnt slate off or rip apart on here
We have a profesional mobile hit sqaud on retainer:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Have a look at Link Removed

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Good afternoon to you Bridgy, and welcome to the forum :Smile:

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi Bridgy and welcome to MotorHomeFun.

A nice introduction, I am sure your advice will be appreciated.

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Hi Bridgy

WELCOME to MH Fun :welcomefunster:

I think you will find we are quite friendly, well most of the time.

Dave :thumb::thumb:

Losos

Free Member
Feb 17, 2009
Suffolk & Czechland
Funster No
MH
Looking to buyi
Exp
N/a
I am just interested in what you guys require, need, moan about etc etc. And if someone would like some advice I would be more than happy to help.

I have been slated on a previous site because of my career so please give me the benefit of the doubt as I will not be contacting any of your for your insurance details etc.

Thanks for spending the time to read this.

Bridgy

Hi Bridgy and welcome to MotorhomeFUN - The last three letters are usually written in upper case to indicate we are a fun loving lot and don't (usually) go in for slagging people off and especially not just because of their occupation.

I will be looking for MH insurance over the next few weeks in preparation for taking delivery of my panel van conversion.

I spend up to eight months in Europe, do you have any recommendations for firms who will cover me for at least that length out of UK ?

And on a more genral 'moaning' type question, why do all the insurers advertisements and web site ONLY show an 0800 or 0845 number, when trying to get quotes from outside Uk it's annoying, why don;t they show in small letters a 'normal' number in their advertisements???

ETA:-
Most telcos offer a discount for calls out of country but in my experience the German and Czech ones don't work to UK 0800 numbers.

Last edited:

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
Hi Bridgy and WELCOME to the FUN no doubt someone will ask eventually
its nice to know there is somebody else to ask, Cheers Rob

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
Anyway we would only slate you if you were a banker or an MP:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
B

Bridgy

Free Member
Jan 15, 2010
Liverpool
Funster No
I spend up to eight months in Europe, do you have any recommendations for firms who will cover me for at least that length out of UK ?

And on a more genral 'moaning' type question, why do all the insurers advertisements and web site ONLY show an 0800 or 0845 number, when trying to get quotes from outside Uk it's annoying, why don;t they show in small letters a 'normal' number in their advertisements???

ETA:-
Most telcos offer a discount for calls out of country but in my experience the German and Czech ones don't work to UK 0800 numbers.

To be brutally honest, the company I work for (I will not name it) only provide cover for upto 6 months in the EU. I am not too sure on what companies would offer more I'm sorry, this is probably just a case of ringing around until you find one who does.

Regarding the 0845 numbers, I'm afraid this is the story with most companies out there really. We do have a direct 01.. number but yet this is not advertised, although I do give it out when I speak to clients. Suppose it's just a case of a business being a business and trying to rake in money at every opportunity.

Although, I do know if your search in Google "call 0845 for free/cheap" it will come up with a few options. Best to give it a go.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back