Gone and done it, sold the van. (1 Viewer)

Dec 2, 2010
Hollywood, Birmingham.
Funster No
MH
A Class Laika
Exp
Since 2011
We have sold our Vantage Neo after an eventful weekend chasing over the countryside looking at vans, some good, some been used as pig pens. Now to decide, Hymer B544, Rapido 9048df or stumbled upon a reallly nice Laika Rexosline 680. Pauline's nerves are frayed (G & T necessary for medicinal purposes)(y) Laika is favourite at the moment, it's got massive 6' 6" overcab bed, we can play hide and seek in it, it's that big (the bed that is):rolleyes: when extended.

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Great, did you sell it privately ?
It's a shame because we were after one , but they are like rocking horse poo, 2nd hand.:blusher: Rear lounge 2011 or newer.
Can I ask why you decided to sell ? Was it just to go bigger, or other reasons?
We were wanting to downsize to one.
Now Ralph's thinking on doing a conversion himself instead. On a brand new van.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
quickweh
Dec 2, 2010
Hollywood, Birmingham.
Funster No
MH
A Class Laika
Exp
Since 2011
Great, did you sell it privately ?
It's a shame because we were after one , but they are like rocking horse poo, 2nd hand.:blusher: Rear lounge 2011 or newer.
Can I ask why you decided to sell ? Was it just to go bigger, or other reasons?
We were wanting to downsize to one.
Now Ralph's thinking on doing a conversion himself instead. On a brand new van.
Shame, it was on Fun classifieds as well as Preloved, Gumtree and the Caravan club. There is one in Derbyshire for £42K, see caravan club classifieds.

Mike

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Well, he's only just started looking this last week or so. Since we came back from the Hebrides . So he probably missed that one. Shame.
I think he's set on doing the same sort of thing , himself now. Taking the best of vantage and ih and doing it to just what we require. He's researching what would be the best new base vehicle at the moment.
He will no doubt be on here a lot more . As he very rarely comes on (It's me usually ) For advise and ideas.
He's like a dog with a bone when he gets an idea.

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Shame, it was on Fun classifieds as well as Preloved, Gumtree and the Caravan club. There is one in Derbyshire for £42K, see caravan club classifieds.

Mike

Is that the one at 6.36 metres rear lounge? I imagine they are quite sought after, was it the layout that prompted you to sell or the build quality?

Paul.

OP
OP
quickweh
Dec 2, 2010
Hollywood, Birmingham.
Funster No
MH
A Class Laika
Exp
Since 2011
Is that the one at 6.36 metres rear lounge? I imagine they are quite sought after, was it the layout that prompted you to sell or the build quality?

Paul.
No!! We have missed taking the grandkids away so it was the need for 4 belted seats that drove the decision. The Vantage is a brilliant van and we had no issues with it.

homercostello

Free Member
Jul 11, 2010
kidsgrove staffs
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs globetrotter
Exp
9 years
well done Pauline and Mike no excuse for not taking the grand kids now. Just in time for the school holidays(y)

Jan 8, 2014
Emsworth
Funster No
MH
Bailey 740
Exp
Well done, we to have got a grown up van now with a fixed bed. we bought a Burstner travel van 570 still compact at 6mtrs. A nice large garage for the bikes, cobb, and all the other gear one needs. Look forward to seeing you out and about in yours. Keep well.

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
We have just sold our Hymer 584, great layout but want a fixed bed now, looked at quite a few different makes & models, Hymer or Rapido?? That is the question??

grasscutter

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 11, 2009
East Wittering. West Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis i588
Exp
Started in 1980
The Neo went today, did not seem right watching it go off down the road.:cry: Hope to collect next van on the 16th all being well. House spotless, little car gleaming, shopping list for Malvern (day visit) sorted. Kicking heels now.:rolleyes:

We'll have the kettle on if you need a brew. We always try and help out the homeless.:)

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Hi I know I'm being nosey, have you gone for the Laika, was it the one at Lowdhams?

We saw a 680 there a few weeks ago and really liked it, went back yesterday but it had gone (but still on their website).

Really lovely moho.

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Glad to hear that the sale went well Mike.
Look forward to seeing you both in your new van real soon.
Brisey & Pamelaaar.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
JJ I was really bored so clicked on your blog. Well on Tuesday I'm 65 and never thought that I'd get there, but there again there are 2 more days to go.

My God... that must be at least 3 visitors this year... I better update it!

I hope you are feeling better now and won't have to take such drastic action again...

JJ :cool:

Dec 30, 2008
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since Dec 2008 after 10 years caravanning
Looking forward to seeing it bet the boys are buzzin nothing like a trip with the grandparents xx

OP
OP
quickweh
Dec 2, 2010
Hollywood, Birmingham.
Funster No
MH
A Class Laika
Exp
Since 2011
Hi I know I'm being nosey, have you gone for the Laika, was it the one at Lowdhams?

We saw a 680 there a few weeks ago and really liked it, went back yesterday but it had gone (but still on their website).

Really lovely moho.
Yes, a really nice motorhome but not that one!! We had a good look around that one and had a test drive, the only thing we did not like was the dinette, we preferred the 'L' shaped lounge layout. We had our eye on one with the 'L' shaped lounge, had a good look around and went for it. By the way, there is one for sale down in Berkshire, avoid, it is an absolute tip and they are asking top dollar for it.(n)

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Mike & Pauline,

Rita and I are glad that you have managed to sell yours, and found a worthy replacement. We both hope that you will enjoy your new MH to it's fullest, and look forward to the "grand tour". ;)

Cheers for now,

Jock & Rita. :)

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Yes, a really nice motorhome but not that one!! We had a good look around that one and had a test drive, the only thing we did not like was the dinette, we preferred the 'L' shaped lounge layout. We had our eye on one with the 'L' shaped lounge, had a good look around and went for it. By the way, there is one for sale down in Berkshire, avoid, it is an absolute tip and they are asking top dollar for it.(n)
Morning, yep I agree about the dinette, that's what we weren't sure about but it was about the first mh we looked at so didn't know what we were looking at IYSWIM:)
Anyways bet you can't wait - and the bed will have room for you and the grandkids!:LOL:

Thanks for the tip off.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back