Going to the show at Birmingham what to expect? (1 Viewer)

OP
OP

Deleted User
I can remember my mum putting clothes under the cushions on the sofa at home to flatten them o_O
In all honesty I don't iron anything at home since retiring as my casual stuff doesn't need it. Or use a hairdryer. But you never know where you might get invited, need to cover all my bases. :D:D:D

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
In all honesty I don't iron anything at home since retiring as my casual stuff doesn't need it. Or use a hairdryer. But you never know where you might get invited, need to cover all my bases. :D:D:D

A good scout - Be Prepared

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Over 12 plus weeks there is the odd occasion I might want to wear something other than cut offs and t-shirts. :) We will be living in van most of coming year, need more that just holiday usage stuff. :D
We spent the better part of a year in our van, no hair drier, no iron, no TV, NO WORRIES :D:D:D

Huwmari

Free Member
Jul 26, 2013
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 201
Exp
since Apr 2013
If you really really want a hair dryer :eek: then it might be worth looking for some BIG EXTRA BATTERIES :ROFLMAO: so that the invertor you buy can suck the life out of them :rolleyes:

Don't wanna sound rude here but a hair dryer???? Leave it behind :)
My sentiments entirely! Hair will dry perfectly well on its own and a dustpan and stiff brush take care of dog hairs. Phones and laptop can be charged while travelling. We can park for four or five days and run on our leisure batteries with no problem - and no need for inverters, generators, etc. So leave all your unnecessary gadgets at home and r-e-l-a-x. Happy travelling!

OP
OP

Deleted User
My sentiments entirely! Hair will dry perfectly well on its own and a dustpan and stiff brush take care of dog hairs. Phones and laptop can be charged while travelling. We can park for four or five days and run on our leisure batteries with no problem - and no need for inverters, generators, etc. So leave all your unnecessary gadgets at home and r-e-l-a-x. Happy travelling!
I do brush the van out a few times a day, but it is impossible to get all the hair, sand and dust out of the nooks and crannies, not to mention all the dead skin we shed, I clipper Niges hair every 3 weeks and the golden every 5 weeks, which leaves hair that can only be sucked up. I personally can't go 12 weeks just using a brush, need to vac at least once a week, or my eczema flares up. Agree on the hair in warm weather, I rarely use a hairdryer, but even with short hair if its cold out I don't want damp hair I dry it with a hair dryer, I also dye my hair every 3 weeks, the process requires me to heat with a hairdryer. We are all different and need different things. In contrast to this unlike many we don't carry a lot of stuff others believe are essentials, we have 2 enamel plates, 2 enamel mugs, 2 knifes and folks, few spoons, one camping set of pans, sleeping bags, no toaster, no microwave, no slow cooker, no satellite, no fan heater, I'm sure others consider this unthinkable, but each to their own live and let live :D:D:D

Addie

Trader - Motorhome Wifi
Oct 15, 2011
York
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
We'll be there - stand 3220 - come and say hello :)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Will only be there 4 hours max on day, due to dogs in van, so will hold out on food then and get something on way home (y)
There are the free buses so we get one to the show about 20 mins before they are due to open then spend 3 hours having a potter round after which we go back to our van for lunch and to take the dogs out for a nice potter round, then back for a few more hours before returning to the van to feed the monsters, have tea then head off home. Our dogs don't have a problem with this as they get spoiled rotten with treats and snooze their heads off while we're out normally!

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
I would hate to tell you what we have in the RV lol don't believe in compromise, so we don't

As we always say what we do doesn't make as right or wrong it's just what we do (y)

OP
OP

Deleted User
There are the free buses so we get one to the show about 20 mins before they are due to open then spend 3 hours having a potter round after which we go back to our van for lunch and to take the dogs out for a nice potter round, then back for a few more hours before returning to the van to feed the monsters, have tea then head off home. Our dogs don't have a problem with this as they get spoiled rotten with treats and snooze their heads off while we're out normally!
Ours snooze too :) hopefully if they are settled will be able to go back after lunch :D

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back