Going to silverstone

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Mizar, Jul 7, 2010.

1. Mizar

Mizar Read Only Funster

Just leaving home for 5 nights at silverstone with my eldest son. Staying in the Motorhome at the Woodlands camping within the circuit itself I will fly the motorhome fun flag if there are any more funsters there please come and say hello and have drink with us.

Ged

2. Ven

Ven Funster

We are very envious, hope the weather is kind and you have an amazing time. We'll think of you when watching on TV.

Would love to hear what it's like for future reference from a motorhoming perspective when you return. :Smile:

3. American Dream

American Dream Read Only Funster

Wish you a great time Ged

The last memorable time I went is when a Brit won the British GP...Awesome time.

Hope this is an omen of good fortune for Jensen/Lewis.

Good luck Guys.:thumb:

2009 - Sebastian Vettel, Red Bull Racing.
    2008 - Lewis Hamilton, McLaren Mercedes.
    2007 - Kimi Raikkonen, Ferrari.
    2006 - Fernando Alonso, Renault.
    2005 - Juan Pablo Montoya, McLaren Mercedes.
    2004 - Michael Schumacher, Ferrari.
    2003 - Rubens Barrichello, Ferrari.
    2002 - Michael Schumacher, Ferrari.
    2001 - Mika Häkkinen, McLaren Mercedes.
    2000 - David Coulthard, McLaren Mercedes.
    1999 - David Coulthard, McLaren Mercedes.
    1998 - Michael Schumacher, Ferrari.
    1997 - Jacques Villeneuve, Williams-Renault.
    1996 - Jacques Villeneuve, Williams-Renault.
    1995 - Johnny Herbert, Benetton-Renault.
    1994 - Damon Hill, Williams-Renault.
    1993 - Alain Prost, Williams-Renault.
    1992 - Nigel Mansell, Williams-Renault.
    1991 - Nigel Mansell, Williams-Renault.
    1990 - Alain Prost, Ferrari.

4. Mizar

Mizar Read Only Funster

Thanks guys arrived around 8 ish so far so good this is the first year silverstone has had it's own campsite within silverstone circuit and I have to say it's better than some sites I have been on we have chosen the quiet family area, I am 200 yards from club corner yet surrounded by trees I could be anywhere stunning.
    The lively are is near the main road and massive with an entertainment zone and food village, stage area for live bands.
    There is a road around the camp and down every row, drinking water taps every 100 yards or so never seen as many not temp either.
    I have been given a flyer with what's coming for 2011 they are just in the proccess of building a brand new purpose built club house, shop and toilets/showers the artist impression looks very nice all this and I have only paid £50.00 for 5 nights that was £35.00 for me and £15.00 for children and you can arrive from 8am Wednesday and stay until Monday bargain.
    I will try and post some pictures on when I get back have not managed to work out how to download pics yet.
    I hope someone who works for silverstone is a member of motorhome fun I may get a job on PR or free tickets for next year.

Ged

5. carl65

carl65 Funster

Whhoo THATS GREAT VALUE please post some picts and get some flyers to scan for the site would love to back there one day last time i was there was masell and senna race in 1999 i think lucky you hope you both have a great week end your son will rember this for a lot of years i am sure of that

6. Ralph-n-Bev

Ralph-n-Bev Funster

That sounds like great value. I'm sure our boys would love it too.
    Have a great time .
    I'm sure your son will love having you all to him self at a place like that. What a great place for a bit of father son bonding .
    Try and post some pics.
    Bev

7. SC 05 OUT

SC 05 OUT Funster

you lucky sod, I ALWAYS wanted to that, no time, no money,or both, get lots of info for next year, maybe we can have a funsters meet at the nxt gp

have a great time, will be whatching out for the flag on tv, dont forget to wave it

8. rainbow chasers

rainbow chasers Read Only Funster

Our oldie is up there as well with one of regulars - Father and Son go every year, lovely to see them spending time together as often parents and children grow apart as they get older...but these two are close. Great to see!

Have a great time Mizar! You might even spot Rainbow 1!

9. Dodgey

Dodgey Funster

Proper camp facilities, within the circuit, I'll second what he said:thumb:

10. Jim

Jim Ringleader

Not being a racing fan I never watch it the only time I'd ever seen it was on telly and it really is akin to watching paint dry. But I went to Silverstone for a Grand Prix years ago , I think Nigel Mansel won that year I quite enjoyed it. The thing you don't get on the TV is the smell and the noise and these things really ingrain the experience. I didn't pay too much attention to the racing as I was looking after a couple of Page three girls that day (tough Job :Smile:) but I always threatened to go back when not working and never have. One of these days maybe.

11. rainbow chasers

rainbow chasers Read Only Funster

I like the racing, but never watch it.....the sound of the engines send me to sleep!:Eeek:

12. Ven

Ven Funster

Thanks for the update. A Funsters meet next year sounds like fun :Smile:

13. Carol

Carol Funster Life Member

Just found your post great information, great that you can camp at the circuit again, not been there since they stopped parking at Hen Wood across the road, think we will have to give this some serious thought for next year, please pictures if you can and let us know how you get on. Carol (on behalf of Eddie) :BigGrin:

14. Mizar

Mizar Read Only Funster

Jim you have it the nail on the head on tv it does not come across somtimes too exciting but it's the event that's the occasion the atmosphere around silverstone for 3 days is awsome, it's now 11.30 pm on the Sunday we are knackered we have had how pictures taken with Jenson Button seen some good racing been to 3 mini Pop concerts on the campsite, seen Chico Jamie Affro. Eddie Jordon came to the camp last night and didva few numbers on the drums. Very family orientated camping it would make a great funsters meet.
    The weather has helped too I will try and upload some pictures in the next few days.
    Ged

15. haganap

haganap Funster Life Member

Ged did you have to have race tickets seperately? what could you see from the camp?

16. Mizar

Mizar Read Only Funster

You do have to have race tickets to be able to camp there on the race weekend.
    you cant see any of the track from the camp as you are in the woods behind stowe corner.
    Hope that helps i will try and put some pics on but every time i download them on to an album it says download failed.

17. nifty fifty

nifty fifty Funster

i am stoppping off for the classic and concerts weekend. booked in at whittlebury behind the track. great weekend last year. is the track campsite a new layout ?? . i heard there was to be a facility put in place.but was not available when we booked

glyn:thumb:

18. Mizar

Mizar Read Only Funster

Glyn

Yes its a new facility well the field has been used for camping before but the land was sold last year to silverstone limited and it is now marketed under the silverstone brand and a lot of improvements have been carried out.

Ged

19. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

Very sad, Donnington vandalised. This seems to have shaken Silverstone out of it's old boy apathy and injected new life into it, big time. Good for the UK.

20. novawight

novawight Read Only Funster

the last time i went to the british gp was in 1991, fond memories tent on the back of my Honda camped over night won as stated by Nigel,it was great seeing him give Senna a lift back after the race as he had run out of gas:Laughing: