Going to Newbury? Read This! (1 Viewer)

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now

Not auto jumble ... but accessories and parts for Motorhomes and associated with them.. electric bikes, knife sets, alarms for motorhomes, hi tec, low tec.. you will find it at Newbury

Bob

Thanks Bob,
I will be armed with readies, ready to cure the u/k recession in one day :thumb:

Apr 30, 2008
South Beds
Funster No
Exp
27yrs ish
We are heading there now. I will update the thread when we know. Who are you camping with as you are not on our list? Jane :Smile:

Thanks for the reply. I go to most shows and help one of the traders. So I usually park up with them.
Have just spoken to my lot at the Showground. Ground is ok.
No problems so far! ::bigsmile:
I hope to join them later today.

Jul 26, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
since May 2010
I may have to cancel

Dear Bob and Jane

I'm watching and waiting to see if I'm able to come along this weekend.

I have an elderly cat who is in a very rapid decline. At first I was going to bring him along, but it now looks like the likelihood of needing an emergency vet's appointment is high, so it may be better to stay at home.

If I can make it for even part of the weekend, I will.

Will keep you posted via this thread.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Ezzie not so good .. not going to make it

Hi Bob / Jane.. Ezzie not so good this afternoon. We are not going to risk it.

See you at Malvern

Bob p.s can you let the Griff's know.. I have sent them a p.m.

Last edited:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Dear Bob and Jane

I'm watching and waiting to see if I'm able to come along this weekend.

I have an elderly cat who is in a very rapid decline. At first I was going to bring him along, but it now looks like the likelihood of needing an emergency vet's appointment is high, so it may be better to stay at home.

If I can make it for even part of the weekend, I will.

Will keep you posted via this thread.

Sorry to hear that Jane, we fully understand your position and appreciate you letting us know. If you do decide you can come, for even a short time, could you PM us as I will spot that faster. Take care, Jane

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
Hi Janandbob,
Enjoyed our first visit to a M/H show :thumb:
We could not belive how many motorhomes there are around until we went to a gathering as Newbury.:Eeek:
Thanks for showing us newbies the ropes and doing a splendid job of organizing it all :Smile:

Ian/ Sue /Jodie/ Jamie :thumb:

Wizbangs

Free Member
Nov 8, 2011
MK, UK
Funster No
MH
AS Burford Duo
Exp
Four years
Thawing out

A cold and windy Newbury, with bacon butties more than welcome and we won a Dundee cake too. Many thanks to Bob and Jane for their kindness and help in getting a few issues sorted in our very first outing as Funsters. John & Mary

May 12, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Back home from Newbury, thanks to Bob and Jane for all of their hard work in making it a very good weekend.

Back home in bright sunshine, my new solar panel (fitted by Dave Newall on Friday) happily topping up the batteries.

novawight

Free Member
May 14, 2010
Hayling Island
Funster No
MH
hi top,
Exp
on and off 50 years
Thanks Bob and Jane , thanks for being the hosts with the mostest, back, now,and what a bugger the suns come out, I think looking at this weeks weather Warners picked the wrong week, Hope to see you at Melvern..Regards Del

capinpugwash

Free Member
Sep 14, 2008
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2005 (20 years Caravan before that)
Thanks for organising the rally, Bob and Jane, and doing such a great job as marshalls. It was nice having tea and cake on Saturday, and bacon butties on Sunday, and a raffle included too.

So good to see everyone again and also meeting some people I have not met before.

Also, what a good show Sunday evening, and the bands were not bad either.:ROFLMAO:

drago35uk

Free Member
Aug 25, 2009
Newhey
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Many thanks for organising Bob,Jane and Izzy,we had a great time and really appreciate the time you had to put in to make it such a good do.
Special thanks to Peter for the sausage.

Mike,Carol and Heidi::bigsmile:

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Got home just moments ago, Thanks to Bob and Jane for their efforts and the use of their marquees. We popped into the marquee both Friday and Saturday but did not stop too late as we were working the next day, however we made up for it last night, in the main entertainment tent with a large group of dancing Funsters, a couple too many real ales delayed my planned early morning departure to much nearer lunch time!. What fun::bigsmile:

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
A big thank you to Bob & Jane for marshalling the meet and for keeping us all in order. We were all well fed with afternoon tea and cakes on Saturday and with bacon butties on Sunday morning.Despite the cold and windy weather we had a great time meeting up with Funster friends old and new. The Sunday night show in the entertainment marquee was great, good music played by three really good bands.
Safe travels,
Brisey & Pam

MrMotorhome

Funster
Deceased RIP
May 19, 2009
Funster No
Newbury

Thank you Bob and Jane.

We had such a good time we did not need the sun with afternoon tea, bacon roles, beer 1.80 a pint, chips with curry sauce, great evening shows, dancing security men and best thing of all, the all singing and all dancing funsters. Good memories made. :thumb:

Andrew and Carol

peter H

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 18, 2008
Neath, South Wales
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Nearly 4 years
Got home about midday. To be met with glorious sunshine and warmth.
Tried watching the end of the test match, but kept nodding off to sleep for some reason.

Welldone to Bob and Jane for marshalling. Your getting very good at it now.

An excellent weekend despite the cold weather.

Peter

ps please can we have the dingbat answers, ta

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Great event,thx Bob and Jane,believe it or not,we actually enjoyed cooking 200 rashers of bacon and would do it again ::bigsmile:
Usually we travel from sun in England to rain in Wales-today it was other way round,and very welcome.
Thanks again,

Mike.

Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
Thanks to those Funsters that made our first rally run most enjoyable, with like minded folk
you made us most welcome. A great result for CHELSEA and Bacon rolls to follow on sunday morn made my weekend.
As remarked before many thanks go to Bob and Jane for settling us in.

Feb 16, 2010
Newport, Gwent
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2002(previously 25 years caravaning
I'd like to add my thanks to Jane & Bob, sorry we didn't say Tara, thought you were out. Cakes lovely on Saturday afternoon, special thanks to PeterH. Bacon rolls lovely on Sunday, pity Tony had a hangover and missed out (he'll never learn!). Look forward to meeting up with you very soon x

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Got home about midday. To be met with glorious sunshine and warmth.
Tried watching the end of the test match, but kept nodding off to sleep for some reason.

Welldone to Bob and Jane for marshalling. Your getting very good at it now.

An excellent weekend despite the cold weather.

Peter

[HI]ps please can we have the dingbat answers, ta
[/HI]

Broken Link Removed

Far to easy for you Peter. :winky: :ROFLMAO: Bob.

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Thank you Bob n Jane for a great meet , enjoyed meeting up with old and new funsters, lovely cakes on Saturday n bacon rolls for brekky sun morn , had a fab time too Sunday nite dancing with the other funsters and the security guards :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:..... Bet the singer who's autograph I was getting had a flashback of fame with so many of you taking our pic :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

It was chilly but dry at least
Looking forward to the next meet :thumb::thumb:

John n Kath x

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Last Newbury post?
Bob and I just wanted to say thanks for being such a great bunch of Funsters, there must be a collective term and I expect Jim would call it a 'Giggle of Funsters :ROFLMAO: We had a good time, though we were too tired to get up the Sunday night entertainment :RollEyes: After three weeks on the trot (Peterborough :Eeek:, Tattingstone and Newbury) I am starting to feel like a market trader, though the marquee erecting is going more smoothly now :roflmto:
Newbury, as all meets and rallies, was good because of all the lovely people that turned up, old and new faces and quite a few furry friends for Izzy ::bigsmile: Extra thanks go to PeterH (sustenance on Thursday and Friday) and Gozomike for suggesting the High Tea on Saturday and lucky Peter won £10 on the Dodgy Dip (first £20 prize went to atv and the £5 prize to Keithandcarol) we then had an impromptu raffle with prizes suddenly appearing from generous campers, who had already laid on cake and sandwiches. Cheers :thumb:
Grenville (ReallyRetired) took me to get bacon and rolls, thanks for that as then the Sunday morning fry up could go ahead. We had help from MikeandCarolyn, Pam (Brisey) and Carol (MrMotorhome) and many other offers. If I have missed anyone, apologies.
Take care everyone and we hope to see you soon, in another field, before very long!
Jane, Bob and Izzy​

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back