Going to Morocco? Need some Dirhams? (1 Viewer)

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
You cannot obtain Moroccan Dirhams from a Bureau de Change and old Moroccan hands know that the first thing you do on arrival and after clearing Immigration and Customs is to stop at the row of Bureaux De Change at the port exit to obtain some local currency.
Some Funsters have found in the past at the port that they have been short changed on the rate or even the currency has been "mis-counted" (accidentally of course :whistle: ).
Save the hassle and buy a supply of Dirhams I have left over from last year. I hung on to the cash because we expected to go back again, but due to health reasons we are giving up the MH lifestyle :crying:
I have 980 Dirhams which at current rates is approximately £76.
I will exchange them for a straight £70 - first to send me a conversation gets them.
There are banks in even very small Moroccan towns where you can change your Pounds for Dirhams so save the time at the port and get on the road straight away with enough cash to get you through your first few days.

Alistair33

Free Member
Aug 23, 2016
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
None
We managed to buy in the UK not sure if we got a good rate

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
makems

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
You do know they chop both hands and one foot off. for smuggling currency out of Morocco :Eeek:
Well I currently have all my hands and feet and Im unlikely to ever return, so Ive got away with it!
The first year I ended up with zero dirhams and had to pay the last motorway toll with a credit card! (y)

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
For 980 Dirhams you could have bought the Motorway:rofl:

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Well I currently have all my hands and feet and Im unlikely to ever return, so Ive got away with it!
The first year I ended up with zero dirhams and had to pay the last motorway toll with a credit card! (y)

:)
I remember we all trying spend our cash at the last service station, even swopping Euros for Dirhams between us to get them used up... Then we hit the toll booth... DOH :doh:

:rofl::rofl: Great trip..

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back