Going to live abroad, need selling advice. (1 Viewer)

igcw9170

Free Member
Apr 12, 2010
swansea
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Hi everyone,
Due to a career advancement we are required to move abroad for two years. We've been given very little notice so time is of the escence. We are going to have to sell our van and was wondering if anyone knew how much I can expect to get for it and the best way of selling it reasonably quickly? I have emailed a couple of dealers but they don't reply. It's a Ci riviera 181, 06 plate, 48k, bike carrier, awning, parking camera and tracvision auto dome.
Any wisdoms would be gratefully received.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Link Removed

Link Removed

There's a couple to start with.

Much will depend on how desperate you are to sell. Many dealers won't want to know as it's age will put most off (I know its only 6 years).

If you want to sell it quickly then put it on ebay, with a reserve but low start to get people interested.
If you have a little more time then do it as a classified ad.

Ive sold on ebay (a CI funny enough) no problems, got what the van is worth and thats what matters.

There will be loads of allsorts of vans for sale that will never sell because they are not being sold at the correct price. It might be your pride and joy and you may of paid X for it, but, the reality is its only worth as much as a buyer out there wants it and is prepared to pay for it.

There is some on ebay that have been up for sale for well over 2 years, if you have time then sure, but if time is tight, give someone a bargain but keep yourself happy.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
I suggest you do a google search for similar vans that are for sale. I just did, and the dealer forecourt price seems to be around £25k for a low mileage clean example. Unfortunately if you have to sell quick and/or sell to a dealer, your likely to get well under £20k.

When i was looking for a van out of season, i saw loads at around £15k to £18k and picked up an 08 coachbuilt for £21k. The problem is, if youve got to sell in a hurry, you wont realise anywhere near the true value unless your really lucky.

it may be more cost effective to put the van in covered storage and use it again when returning to the uk

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
Ebay is your best bet

If you want a quick sale I would use classified at my lowest price - and you will still get offers below

Plenty of pics and list every extra and as much history as you can

Using classified is cheaper and any genuine buyers will want to view - don't entertain offers unseen - there are a lot of dreamers and time-wasters out there - good luck:RollEyes::RollEyes:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Nice spec but the mileage is against it unfortunately, one way of realising a sale is to put it on a forecourt on a contract sale basis but you need a trustworthy dealer.

You are welcome to give Andy a call on 01-580-883062 and pick his brains and see if he is interested

Used vans are a bit slow at the moment as it would appear that the middle income 30/45 year olds are strapped for cash

Peter

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
Mileage 8000 a year is high for a MH, not for any other vehicle. Use it as a positive - MH is regularly used and maintained.

Lots of MHs have ridiculously low miles just because they are not used regularly - not good for any vehicle or the bits on it.

Mine an 04 had 41k on the clock when I bought it 8 months ago (now 49k) and still had issues with lack of use, seized rear calliper, seized gear change pivot, main beam switch only started working after a couple of drives, tyres were still originals - all now sorted.

You can sell anything - it all depends on price:RollEyes:

OP
OP
I

igcw9170

Free Member
Apr 12, 2010
swansea
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
EBay

The consensus seems to be eBay, was a bit dubious as always thought of it as a place where people sell dodgy stuff, everybody gets scammed and stuff sells for peanuts.
Might give it a whirl though, cheers.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back