Free Member
Nov 12, 2007
North Wales in the Hills
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
6 years but caravan owner in past
We are going to Northern Italy next week. We want to go through Ligurian coast via San Remo and Bordighera as far as Tuscany going to Pisa, maybe Florence. We want to stay a couple of days near Aubagne in Marcel Pagnol country.
1 Is this too ambitious for 3 weeks?
France is sorted as we have France passion and the CC and Bel Air guides. but we don't know Italy
2 Can anyone recommend any campsites on the Ligurian and Tuscan coats?
Anyone know of sites where we can either walk into Pisa and Florence or get public transport ?

We have the CC and Alan Rogers guides.
3 Has anyone any tips on MHoming in Italy?

Lucille

Steven Fawcett

Free Member
Sep 23, 2008
manchester
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
2 years
We are going to Northern Italy next week. We want to go through Ligurian coast via San Remo and Bordighera as far as Tuscany going to Pisa, maybe Florence. We want to stay a couple of days near Aubagne in Marcel Pagnol country.
1 Is this too ambitious for 3 weeks?
France is sorted as we have France passion and the CC and Bel Air guides. but we don't know Italy
2 Can anyone recommend any campsites on the Ligurian and Tuscan coats?
Anyone know of sites where we can either walk into Pisa and Florence or get public transport ?

We have the CC and Alan Rogers guides.
3 Has anyone any tips on MHoming in Italy?

Lucille

whent to italy last year you can park on pisa marina 8 euro per day gets packed at the wekend with the locals
regards steve

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Any advice?
Yes take me with you
have a great trip try to extend it to 6 weeks.
:thumb::thumb::thumb:​

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
wow lucile, you have come a long way since meeting at Stratford on your first adventure, much more of this and i think staging man will haveyou in one of those vans he was in at Newark, start a blog so we can have a look.

anyhow, not sure if you know this but great for research, Link Removed

772 sites listed for I talia,

enjoy :thumb:

OP
OP
staging lady

staging lady

Free Member
Nov 12, 2007
North Wales in the Hills
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
6 years but caravan owner in past
Sorry ,Roger, I couldn't make you suffer the "discussions" we have ie
"For G... sake ,woman, which way now,left or right? "???!!
"What do you need gas for anyway???"
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Thanks, Paul, with various family illnesses and bereavements, we are looking forward to getting away.:wine::wine::man_in_love:

Lampie

Free Member
Nov 2, 2007
Derby
Funster No
MH
C Class RV
Exp
We have been lake Garda for the last two years and loved it, would say if you fancy a change then travel back via Switzerland its a good route back less tolls and very beautiful.

Lampie

pneumatician

Free Member
Feb 22, 2009
Burntwood Staffs
Funster No
MH
La Strada,
Exp
since 2000
Italy

I see a fellow member has recommended ASCI may I also suggest Camping Cheque and C&CC Freedom Vouchers.
We have been to Italy several times but do not wild camp or stay on car parks we like to be surrounded by a least a little salad and in the main Italian campsites Off Season are rather good ( much too crowded with small pitches in season).
Last year when we visited Florence we stayed at Mordello (by the race circuit) and a bus from the site takes you into Florence.(there is a site in Florence). Sadly whilst in Italy we met two couples who had been robbed so keep one hand on your ha'penny and the other on your purse.
We will probably venture as far down as Rome in the next two weeks but our rule is to be out of Italy by the end of May because any later and the heat turns us into pork cracklin.

Steve

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back