Going Sideways (1 Viewer)

Jan 4, 2015
East Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
CHAUSSON FLASH 08
Exp
SINCE 2009
It seems that 'the powers that be' have decreed that it is illegal for anybody to travel in sideways facing seats in a motorhome or campervan. Or have I misunderstood the legislation?

As we have 2 belted, forward facing seats in our Chausson it is not a major problem, but for campervan owners it must be very restrictive.

One can always ignore it, but I guess you risk invalidating the insurance should you have an accident while doing so, so not worth the risk.

What do other folk feel is the best way to cope with this restriction?

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I think it's a little more complicated than you suggest, age of vehicle, age of passenger and number of existing seat belts available all come into the equation.

Our van has three forward facing seats with belts, my understanding is that the side facing seats can be used by an adult if the other three are occupied, I will add our van is 2006.

Martin

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Broken Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 28, 2013
Alentejo,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since the '80,s
On our French registered camper and previous ones I have owned here it mentions on the logbook,number of belted seats,I think this is kind of a good idea as when you buy a van there is no confusion.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back