Going 'Sat-Nav' mad (1 Viewer)

AdgeRas

Free Member
Sep 17, 2009
Bristol
Funster No
Exp
I went to the NEC today, managed to do a lot of retail therapy, but failed to sort out the sat-nav:Sad:

I hoped to find someone selling Garmin or Tom Tom, but only found snooper Ventura.

Every one at the NEC tried to persuade me that the Snooper AVN S7000 Ventura , or the S7000 Ventura were the 'best for motorhomes'

I have read back throgh MH fun threads but cant find what I was seeking, so can someone please tell me.

"Why are these NOT as good as I was told today at the NEC?" I am happy to buy one if it is worth having, but I have a nagging memory that tells me I read somewhere that they are not as good as they are said to be.

Thanks

Adge

thestoneroller

Free Member
Oct 13, 2009
staffordshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
newbee
Adgeras
I have a lefthand drive forign jobby with kph on the clock, my ever faithfull tom tom goes everwhere with us,used one for a few years now it gives you your speed in mph,warns of those ever elusive cameras and its not to bad at directions either. no complaints here.
Halfords stores, look for the deals.
Thestoneroller::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
Can only speak as we find - we bought a Snooper S7000 back in August to replace our ageing previous 'Trucker' friendly unit and the difference is very good you can type in your height -length-width -weight and if towing. On start up you have the option of being a 'caravan / motorhome' as preset or a car in the memory you can have more than one combination for the caravan motorhome. You have a preset list of campsite across the country - optional speed camera database and full europe mapping. It gives good warning of sharp corners, steep hills , is very accurate on when to turn and has a fully updatable system - had a look a quite a few before deciding and so far I am very pleased - always though well aware you have to look out for obvious mistakes. No computer can ever be perfect because man ( and woman) keep altering the goal posts so new restrictions since the database was set up will always catch you out - There is a lot cheaper for certain but value for money I am very pleased. Hope that helps.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back