Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
well plans don't turn out how they should have just a grey lonely old man in a van :(

pinkie

Free Member
Apr 23, 2013
Angus
Funster No
MH
Hymer B555 Auto
Exp
10 is the perfect age to do this! I did it with my daughter at that age and we ended up "deschooling" and Poppy just did what she wanted, although that was usually reading a book. Even as adults we are still learning every day, (in my case because i forget everything!),kids dont need school, just the exams. Having said that after Morocco, Poppy was eager to return to the last couple of months of primary and has done well at high school. A fantastic opportunity and i wouldnt worry about curriculum, there will be maths every day....money & costs of groceries/budgeting rrecording mileage cost of fuel etc. Languages plus history etc. Make it relevant. A priceless experience, as jim said it is the genuine closeness of 'family', you will all love it.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
@pinkie, unfortunately Bill's home situation has changed and he's now on his own. :(

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pinkie

Free Member
Apr 23, 2013
Angus
Funster No
MH
Hymer B555 Auto
Exp
Oh no!

Im so sorry to hear that.

Well i havent tried solo travelling yet but im sure its great fun.

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Stamford Bridge - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Sounds great, We are taking our 14 year old grandson with us in the motorhome to North America for 6 months starting April and have been home schooling him for the past 6 months. One of the top resources we use for maths is https://uk.ixl.com It's cheap and gives you the complete curriculum. You can achieve more in two hours one on one than a child will achieve in a week in school.

The travelling will be a great experience - enjoy that time with your wee man.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
In Scotland at the moment for a funeral might just hang around her for a while
Watch out for them wee beasties Bill ... haggis can be vicious in the mating season! :D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Sounds great, We are taking our 14 year old grandson with us in the motorhome to North America for 6 months starting April and have been home schooling him for the past 6 months. One of the top resources we use for maths is https://uk.ixl.com It's cheap and gives you the complete curriculum. You can achieve more in two hours one on one than a child will achieve in a week in school.

The travelling will be a great experience - enjoy that time with your wee man.
All those plans have gone now on my own at the moment

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back