God's own County (1 Viewer)

D

DM14742

Deleted User
If ever I needed reminding why I should be proud to be a Yorkshireman then taking the North Yorks Train from Pickering to Whitby surely did it.
Stunning scenery from start to finish from the comfort of a 1930's carriage pulled by a steam Loco called the Green Knight, through wooded valley's, over waterfalls then Heartbeat country, heatherclad moorland & on to Lovely Whitby for the day with probably the best Fish & Chips in the World courtesy of the Magpie Chippie (ask Rick Stein, he agrees).
We've just spent 4 days there in the Van, so beautiful & so close to home aren't we lucky !!! :thumb:

Sep 5, 2008
York
Funster No
MH
C Class Bessacarr 769
Exp
Since July 2010
If ever I needed reminding why I should be proud to be a Yorkshireman then taking the North Yorks Train from Pickering to Whitby surely did it.
Stunning scenery from start to finish from the comfort of a 1930's carriage pulled by a steam Loco called the Green Knight, through wooded valley's, over waterfalls then Heartbeat country, heatherclad moorland & on to Lovely Whitby for the day with probably the best Fish & Chips in the World courtesy of the Magpie Chippie (ask Rick Stein, he agrees).
We've just spent 4 days there in the Van, so beautiful & so close to home aren't we lucky !!! :thumb:

I love Whitby. Where did you park the van ?

Lin

OP
OP
D

DM14742

Deleted User
High Grundon Farm, Thornton Lane Thornton le Dale. I found it on UK Campsites, its a Camping & Caravaning Certified site & scored 10 out of 10 for its reviews. I'd recommend it.
If you aren't in the C&C Club I spotted a nice looking Site close to Pickering Railway station but I don't know its name. there are lots of sites for Pickering on the UK Campsites site which I like for the reviews posted by site users (take some reviews with a large pinch of salt however due to miserable sods doing what they like best - complaining)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Spenders

Free Member
Jan 19, 2013
Tadcaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2013

Phew! Good job you got the right train.... if you'd been on the train from Leeds to Bradford by the time you got to the Interchange you'd have been begging the guard to sell you a ticket to....... gulp.... Manchester!!

Simon :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back