God's own County

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Jez and Lin, Jun 6, 2013.

1. Jez and Lin

Jez and Lin Funster Life Member

If ever I needed reminding why I should be proud to be a Yorkshireman then taking the North Yorks Train from Pickering to Whitby surely did it.
    Stunning scenery from start to finish from the comfort of a 1930's carriage pulled by a steam Loco called the Green Knight, through wooded valley's, over waterfalls then Heartbeat country, heatherclad moorland & on to Lovely Whitby for the day with probably the best Fish & Chips in the World courtesy of the Magpie Chippie (ask Rick Stein, he agrees).
    We've just spent 4 days there in the Van, so beautiful & so close to home aren't we lucky !!! :thumb:

• Like Like x 7
  2. lindylou

lindylou Funster

I love Whitby. Where did you park the van ?

Lin

3. Jez and Lin

Jez and Lin Funster Life Member

High Grundon Farm, Thornton Lane Thornton le Dale. I found it on UK Campsites, its a Camping & Caravaning Certified site & scored 10 out of 10 for its reviews. I'd recommend it.
    If you aren't in the C&C Club I spotted a nice looking Site close to Pickering Railway station but I don't know its name. there are lots of sites for Pickering on the UK Campsites site which I like for the reviews posted by site users (take some reviews with a large pinch of salt however due to miserable sods doing what they like best - complaining)

4. Peter & Elaine

Peter & Elaine Funster

We stop at black bull it's ok clean half descant grub 30 minuet walk into Pickering nice and steady

• Like Like x 1
  5. Spenders

Spenders

Phew! Good job you got the right train.... if you'd been on the train from Leeds to Bradford by the time you got to the Interchange you'd have been begging the guard to sell you a ticket to....... gulp.... Manchester!!

Simon :thumb:

• Like Like x 2