Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
I just read on another thread that a go box is required when touring Germany france etc, will we need this we are 4ton and classed as a phgv?

tommytli

Funster
May 26, 2009
lancashire
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
since july 07
i think its just for austria mate, we are 3850kg but play it thick and just buy a vignette:Blush: its a lot cheaper

OP
OP
Welsh girl

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
i think its just for austria mate, we are 3850kg but play it thick and just buy a vignette:Blush: its a lot cheaper

Thanks for the info but whats a vignette?:Doh:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
If you are travelling in Germany you should get an Umwelt Plakette a number of cities in germany have emmission requirments. You should get one before you leave. More details are available here Link Removed

tommytli

Funster
May 26, 2009
lancashire
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
since july 07
Thanks for the info but whats a vignette?:Doh:

a vignette is the sticker you put in your window to show you have paid to use the motorways in austria BUT its only valid up to 3500kg then you need to pre buy the expensive go box and that tracks hao many mortorway mile you do there and it gets taken of the pre paid credit on the box.
we just pay for the vignette because our van looks like a normal 3500kg van rather than 3850kg which it actually is, the vignette costs 7.70 euro at any garage/service station close the the austrian border but i think the go box is around 80 euro (but im not 100%) we have never been stopped but its up to you if you are willing to take the chance:winky:

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
If you are travelling in Germany you should get an Umwelt Plakette a number of cities in germany have emmission requirments. You should get one before you leave. More details are available here Link Removed

DO NOT BUY YOUR UMWELT PLAKETTE FROM THIS SITE AS IT WILL COST YOU MORE THAN DOUBLE THE CORRECT CHARGE - ONLY BUY FROM TUV SITES

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back