Oct 22, 2007
sheffield
Funster No
MH
Compass Kensington
Exp
25 years
Hi John,

We took our RV through Austria to Italy a couple of years ago and obtained a go box,
as we are over 3.5 tons, if you are 3.5 tons or less you need a vingnette.
Where we picked ours up they set the box up, asked where we were going and put enough money on it to get us there and back, we returned the box to the same place and got a refund. Before going we had asked questions, looked at web site with people saying how difficult it was, it wasn't it was a piece of cake.

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
5.25 tonnes and a tag axle so will def need a go box..

Only problem I see is that we have NO idea where we are likely to go !

I guess ( looking at the web site ) we will have to pay the bill when we get home.. no biggy :Smile:

Can you recall what it all cost you ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Southampton

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 16, 2011
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
We have been across Austria quite a few times, twice last year. The box costs 5 euro then you put cash on it. The minimum is 75 euro. To give you an example we travelled through Austria into Slovenia on route to Croatia, we used the main autobahn all the way and the approx cost each way was about 75 euro each way. I am a tag axle at 5 ton. The charges are also related to the emissions, I am Euro 5 so that is cheaper than say a euro3.

If you are Euro 5 then be warned that you have to send your certificate of conformity showing you are euro5 to Asfinag in Austria (I did it via email and copies) within 14 days after you leave. The first time we crossed in a euro5 in April last year I didn't do it. When I went through again in July they pulled me over and fined me 100 euros. They had also reduced the euro rating on my go box to euro1. After I paid they returned it to a 5.

It is quite easy to get the go box at the service stations prior to entering Austria, you will need your vehicle registration docs.

sadlonelygit

Free Member
Jan 28, 2014
forest of dean
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
since 1975
if the box beeps 4 times..............you won't leave Austria without a huge fine.
if the box beeps 3 times (iirc) you have 8 hours to put more credit on.
it is incredibly well organised and rigourously policed so don't take a chance.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back