Dec 16, 2011
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
Hi all,

I am planning my summer trip down to Croatia. My MH is over 3.5 is a two axle and I will have a car on an A Frame. The route I am looking at is Calais Belgium into Germany at Aachen down Germany to South of Munich and across Austria on the A10/A11 via the Karawankentunnel into Slovenia. I prefer to stay on the Autobahn all the way.

Question: How do I calculate the go Box charges through Austria? How do I check if my 2007 Fiat 160 multijet is a Euro IV or what is it classed as. Will I be charged as a 4 axle vehicle?

Too many questions, I know, maybe I should just go and ask at the border. Any help would be appreciated.

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Hi all,

I am planning my summer trip down to Croatia. My MH is over 3.5 is a two axle and I will have a car on an A Frame. The route I am looking at is Calais Belgium into Germany at Aachen down Germany to South of Munich and across Austria on the A10/A11 via the Karawankentunnel into Slovenia. I prefer to stay on the Autobahn all the way.

Question: How do I calculate the go Box charges through Austria? [HI]How do I check if my 2007 Fiat 160 multijet is a Euro IV or what is it classed as[/HI]. Will I be charged as a 4 axle vehicle?

Too many questions, I know, maybe I should just go and ask at the border. Any help would be appreciated.

hi, as i understand it all the 2007 0n fiat x250's are euro 4; you can tell the euro 5 has a slightly different dash and was not in uk until setember last year.:thumb:

Jan 27, 2009
Leyland Lancs
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2001
Hi all,

Question: How do I calculate the go Box charges through Austria? How do I check if my 2007 Fiat 160 multijet is a Euro IV or what is it classed as. Will I be charged as a 4 axle vehicle?

In 2010 I purchased my Go Box at a TUV station south of Munich just off the A8. You need your vehicle registration documents. If I had been going through Austria to Italy it would have cost me 80 Euros, but they suggested approx double that if I was touring Austria. Was also told that the minimum 'top-up' was 75 Euros. You have to 'set-up' your own Go Box according to the instructions they issue you with.
PM if you need more info.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Southampton

Southampton

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 16, 2011
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
Thanks Phil and Sifta-Sam, I guess I will have to estimate at around 200 Euros for planning purposes. At least I can miss the French tolls by going through Belgium and Germany. The route planner gave me an alternative of going through France and then Switzerland, but that would be much more expensive.

:thanks2:

WhiteCheyenneMan

Free Member
Sep 29, 2011
TN30, Nr Tenterden
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2011
In 2010 I purchased my Go Box at a TUV station south of Munich just off the A8. You need your vehicle registration documents. If I had been going through Austria to Italy it would have cost me 80 Euros, but they suggested approx double that if I was touring Austria. Was also told that the minimum 'top-up' was 75 Euros. You have to 'set-up' your own Go Box according to the instructions they issue you with.
PM if you need more info.

Last summer we purchased ours on the autobahn Border at Salzburg, at the Shell garage. We said that we were going on to Vienna and then coming back, via Salzburg and Innsbruck to Switzerland. The garage worked out the costs and set the Go Box up for us. I just had to stick the velcro on the windscreen etc.. When we reached the border with Liechtenstein, we parked in the truck area and went into the Gebruder Weis office right by the border. They are a large Austrian haulier and are Go-Box agents. They took the Go-Box and credited our Credit Card with a refund of the excess. Simples!

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
good luck with the A frame :thumb::thumb:

enough said on other posts so not going there.

geoff1947

Free Member
May 20, 2008
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
10 yrs
A Frame

I advise you to check out towing on an A Frame across Germany as I believe it may be illegal..!! I am on site here in Spain and every German van tows the car on a trailer. better safe than sorry so check first perhaps via ADAC the German insurance people

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Sorry to tell you this, but we heard that A frames are illegal in Belgium, we were told of a convoy of motorhomes went through there last year and all the ones with A frames were fined and they had to take them off. They are not illegal in France though.

Nigel and Pamala

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back