Go And Be Angry Somewhere Else! (1 Viewer)

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Couldn't agree more jim perhaps we need a "Rant Locker" or a naughty step was never a member of the dark side nor wanted to be .travels. motorhomes camping in general just needs to be fun :) :D (y)
Edit i do like that flag :)

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
I don't even own a handbag

You are very passive these days @Dawn B, have you been on an anger management course ??

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• DAWNB.jpg
    DAWNB.jpg
    2.4 KB · Views: 3

Ethle the wondervan

Free Member
Mar 13, 2015
Peak District
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
One year
i think another point worth mentioning [and is the reason, in some cases, for starting off some of the conflict ! ] is that when someone posts a specific question. instead of answering it , certain people choose to hi jack the thread and air their own personal views ! an example of this would be say, a question posted over which 12v tv to buy would result in numerous replies questioning why the OP has even bothered to get a motorhome in the first place if all hes going to use it for is to watch coronation street/emmerdale in !! im sure some, [esp newbies] are put off straight away !! having been a motor trader for 4 decades, i am perfectly capable and willing to engage in banter or a full blown ruck with any one but not everyone is as thick skinned [ or thick headed some days] as me . regards garry

This is how arguments start!!

Calm down you miserable git!! :)

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
I can't compare with other forums mentioned as I have never used them.. I can compare with other forums in other arenas (car clubs and vaping sites) and although I see some posts like Jim mentions I think (hope) nobody is actually being angry when they type. I don't like smileys because I think if you type something that needs a smiley to stop it sounding nasty you shouldn't type it... that being said, generally when I do read a post that seems a little angry it is usually accompanied by some or other smiley so just assume it is meant tongue in cheek

Having said that I am about to review my own recent posts to see if some of them need a smiley :D

mariner

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2013
Isle of Dogs, but mostly Artola Spain.
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Since 2007. But no more.
i think another point worth mentioning [and is the reason, in some cases, for starting off some of the conflict ! ] is that when someone posts a specific question. instead of answering it , certain people choose to hi jack the thread and air their own personal views ! an example of this would be say, a question posted over which 12v tv to buy would result in numerous replies questioning why the OP has even bothered to get a motorhome in the first place if all hes going to use it for is to watch coronation street/emmerdale in !! im sure some, [esp newbies] are put off straight away !! having been a motor trader for 4 decades, i am perfectly capable and willing to engage in banter or a full blown ruck with any one but not everyone is as thick skinned [ or thick headed some days] as me . regards garry

Go on then, I give up!

How do you use a Motorhome to watch Coronation Street?

Surely a TV would be a lot cheaper, and more effective!

:cooler:

Portland

Free Member
Oct 31, 2013
Conwy
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
20 years
I can only compare it with the club I used to be in which I will not name. There was permanent conflict and the AGM's were a re-enactment of the civil war!! Good fun looking on tho.:whistle::whistle::whistle:

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
wow, I thought this was an old thread, is Facts still going? Certain things in life need two to tango, such as making babies, synchronised swimming and war. It doesn't always take two to argue but its sometimes fun watching people argue with themselves so leave em to it, don't join in :)
Yes Artona facts is still going, am a member of both facts and fun. Facts has deteriorated since being taken over by the Canadian group, but there is still information and friendship to be gained there. Can't speak for the 'anger' on here, as i have not been a member long enough to know whether it has changed or not. there will always be those who enjoy setting off arguments, then standing or sitting back and watching the fireworks. Had a FIL like that best thing was to ignore him.
Have yet to be on a site with no 'argumentative' statements/people. Sometimes think the antagonists are the same person with more than 1 profile.

mariner

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2013
Isle of Dogs, but mostly Artola Spain.
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Since 2007. But no more.
Yes Artona facts is still going, am a member of both facts and fun. Facts has deteriorated since being taken over by the Canadian group, but there is still information and friendship to be gained there. Can't speak for the 'anger' on here, as i have not been a member long enough to know whether it has changed or not. there will always be those who enjoy setting off arguments, then standing or sitting back and watching the fireworks. Had a FIL like that best thing was to ignore him.
Have yet to be on a site with no 'argumentative' statements/people. Sometimes think the antagonists are the same person with more than 1 profile.

You mean they argue with themselves?

As a confirmed "Billy No Mates" I need to join that website, soonest!

:cooler:

YukonJac

Free Member
May 1, 2015
Normandy, France
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
30yrs +
As a relatively new member who has come over from 'the other one' for some civility, I have been a bit disappointed with the same old cr*p. I would hate to see a completely sanitised forum, but it's depressing and tiring to read stuff here quite often, especially certain threads coming up from the lounge. To save my sanity, I don't open those, but the titles are enough to make you think this is a forum for the BNP. In any case, I've been looking in less and less.
So much good stuff to offer here, and some wonderful, helpful members, but if certain members wish to exercise their right to continuous hateful diatribes, why not start your own forum and leave the rest of us to to our delusions of global peace, love and understanding - as related to motorhoming, of course:).

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
I don't like smileys because I think if you type something that needs a smiley to stop it sounding nasty you shouldn't type it... that being said, generally when I do read a post that seems a little angry it is usually accompanied by some or other smiley so just assume it is meant tongue in cheek
I didn't used to like smileys either, but I'm rarely seen without one now. I think it's difficult to write a post in a 'non-formal' style and be able to make it clear the mood you're in without them, for me they take the place of inflection in the voice and visual gesture, including the look on the person's face. Only about 10% of communication is in the actual words so an awful lot of misunderstandings can come from informal writing.
I think I delete more than half of my posts before actually 'posting' them because I'm not sure I can make my true meaning clear.
[Ctrl + DELETE] ;)

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
What are you all looking at?

:D
Is your PA / Secretary happy that you are taking the rest of the week off? Still feeling your pain :notworthy:

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Anyone want to sit on my naughty step? View attachment 70013 ;)

Oooh yes please ;);) missus

As for argumentative threads since I started an Ignore List I now see very few of them as its the same ones doing it most of the time. Occasionally a new trouble maker comes along usually from the Dark Side but after a few reads you can soon spot them and then they go on the Ignore List as well.

Lifes too short and far too much fun waiting to be had.:):)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back