Gluten, Nut And Milk Free Ambient Store Meal Pouches (1 Viewer)

Mar 11, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2010
I like to have a couple of Look What We Found meal pouches on the van for if I've got nothing else in or I can't get to a shop, or I just really can't be bothered to cook from scratch. They're great because the pouches don't need to be refrigerated and they can just be heated up on the hob - oh, and they don't contain any naff preservatives etc.

http://www.lookwhatwefound.co.uk

Anyway, today I got my order from them and inside was a flyer for another of their companies

http://www.ilumiworld.com/products#

These are similar, ambient store, heat on the hob pouches that are all Gluten, Nut and Milk free. I obviously haven't tried any of them yet but if they're of the same quality as the Look What We Found ones then they should be ok.

I don't suffer from any food allergies myself but thought that I would post this as I know that some of you guys and gals do, and that you may find these handy as a store cupboard emergency or as in my case, just as a really can't be bothered option.

Deleted User
Will have a good look at these, we usually take a stock of tined curries, but they are heavy, this kind of stuff looks ideal :)

Lin

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Those look interesting, the normal stuff, not the gluten and wotsit free which thankfully we don't need. Unlike tins they shouldn't rattle although I doubt there is much weight saving. An empty tin weighs next to nothing, it is the contents where the weight comes from. They should be a good emergency backup. I take it they have a reasonable shelf life?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
:calig:

Will have a look as it's nice to have some stuff in for "emergency" situations.

OP
OP
Stroppy Bird
Mar 11, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2010
Those look interesting, the normal stuff, not the gluten and wotsit free which thankfully we don't need. I take it they have a reasonable shelf life?

It's up to about 12 months shelf life. The stuff that I've just got is April 2016. When you click through to each item it says what the BB date is.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Have you tried keeping a few Fray Bentos glutton free tinned PIES in for a rainy day??? They store really well for years. (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back