Gloucestershire sites ? (1 Viewer)

J

John Chard

Deleted User
:Smile: As a newcomer to this group and to American Motor homes, can anyone help with this question please. ?

My other half and i are hoping to live in an American Namely a Pathfinder Trek. We've lived aboard boats for years near to Gloucester UK. So living in a compact area doesn't frighten us one little bit.
What does bother me a little though our lack of knowledge in respect of sites within 15-20 miles radius of Gloucester where we can park up long term and come and go as we please, or go between two or three sites so as not to rattle the cages of those council chaps. :winky::winky:
Obviously, facilities such as sewerage disposal, fresh water and electric would be great. But not entirely essential. A farm would suit us fine.

Any advice would be gratefully received.
Many thanks

S

sinbad1

Deleted User
:Smile: As a newcomer to this group and to American Motor homes, can anyone help with this question please. ?

My other half and i are hoping to live in an American Namely a Pathfinder Trek. We've lived aboard boats for years near to Gloucester UK. So living in a compact area doesn't frighten us one little bit.
What does bother me a little though our lack of knowledge in respect of sites within 15-20 miles radius of Gloucester where we can park up long term and come and go as we please, or go between two or three sites so as not to rattle the cages of those council chaps. :winky::winky:
Obviously, facilities such as sewerage disposal, fresh water and electric would be great. But not entirely essential. A farm would suit us fine.

Any advice would be gratefully received.
Many thanks

Hi and welcome.

I have moved from fulltiming on a narrowboat, to a motorhoming allthough not fulltiming.
There are several fulltimers on site to give you advice. There's not a lot of difference between boat and motorhome fulltiming.
As for councils the same applies, as no doubt you are aware.

For campstes in your area and others with info and feedback.

Click here

Regards

Last edited by a moderator:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hi

As full timers ourself we appreciate that cost is important, for best value for money I suggest you have a look at the CL sites in the area, some may bend the 28day rule once you get yo know them.. but keep it quiet.. prices from around £8 - £10

If you are not a Caravan Club member I believe you can look at what's in your area on the CC site before joining.

Jim

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2008
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since Jan 2008
Full timing in Gloucester

Hi John
We full time and are between Glos and Chelt and although sites are a bit thin on the ground they are available. Ours has all the facilities and ok yes we have to move off every 28 days :ROFLMAO: :Doh:its no big deal really as gives the RV a run if we havent been anywhere. LPG and petrol garages very close too. I was an ex narrowboater too so agree very similar lifestyle just tyres and road instead of water. Love it.:thumb::thumb:

Our site will take the bigger RV's (ours is a 34ft Coachmen Mirada) and there are about 5/6 others on site at the moment. Not all will take the bigger ones. Very friendly site with quite a few full timers in RV's and caravans. Club sites should give you all the sites but handy to get insider info sometimes. We are on Briarfields on the Old Gloucester Road near Golden Valley Roundabout. Been here since Jan 2008. Have looked around at other sites but again not all can accommodate length plus I work part-time closeby and family in the area so suits us.

If we can help anymore let us know:thumb:

Cheers Jaen

OP
OP
J

John Chard

Deleted User
Thanks for the encouraging info

Thanks for the info. Very much appreciated.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back