Glossop Parking (1 Viewer)

Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
is there any motorhome parking in Glossop. Of to Casstleton tomorrow for a few days and may pop over to Glossop.

Kool Kroozer

Free Member
Apr 19, 2014
Cannock Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hobby Premium
Exp
Always learning
There is one in Castleton andyman, wilded there 4 times now over the last couple of weeks, Out of the main carpark in Castleton go right at the mini roundabout and just folow the road to the end (its a dead end and everytime we have been there has been other M/H parked along the road overlooking the valley) take no notice of the car park ticket machines along the way - they are all broken - but where campers park overnight there are no machines anyway.
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place...0x487a2d06ac8b9919:0x1cdab5b3654820ed!6m1!1e1

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
You will be best to try the Municipal Buildings as that is the most accessible. There is also a car park on Edward Street but it is a bit tight to get into and move round for a large vehicle. Don't attempt to use the private car parks at Howardtown or Wren Nest retail parks as you will most likely get a parking charge notice.

EDIT - You will need to take and pay for two spaces in the car park.

On street parking is difficult to say the least but, if all else fails, Fauvel Road just north of its junction with Lord Street is usually clear (don't approach via Arundel Street though as there is a low railway bridge - 10 feet).

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Thanks, i tried the council web site but is was not much help.
I suppose it depends to a certain extent on local knowledge Andy. The statement on the web site is accurate as far as it goes but I agree it would be more helpful if it gave details for each car park. To an extent I suppose there is a lack of incentive to do more as there is little demand for motorhome parking in Glossop.
On the few occasions we had the motorhome when going to visit my Mum we only parked in Glossop itself once or twice and then it was at Tesco as we were shopping there.
I've seen Transit type vans parked at the Municipal Buildings but can't actually recall ever seeing a motorhome parked in the town.

It wouldn't do any harm to send an e-mail to the council saying that the web site wasn't much help and asking if more information can be given.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back