Globescout Dunswell (1 Viewer)

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
@Minxy Girl was that you I waved to on Dunswell lane today? Was in a green VW golf.

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Couldn't of been Mel, she would of stopped you and tried to sell you something, like a tent or other useful thing.....:D2

OP
OP
scotzsue
Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
Couldn't of been Mel, she would of stopped you and tried to sell you something, like a tent or other useful thing.....:D2
Might have done if we had been in the motorhome, but not in the car. :D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
That would have been us ... we were on our way back from Bridlington after the 'farce' of going to pick up 24 tents from Argos! :mad:

We'd reserved the tents and had confirmations that they were there and available for pick-up today. We'd done them as 3 separate transactions so went to the quick pay terminal to pay for each of them to save having to queue ... I input the first reservation number ... 'nah nah' ... damn ... tried the second one ... 'ding ding' ... great it liked that one! Third one ... 'nah nah' again ... b*gger!!! Tried a few more times but no way would it accept the other 2 reservations ... damn and blast .... Now had to join the even longer queue that before!!!! This was just the start of the farce ... when we got to the checkout the system it wouldn't show the first reservation at all, the second ... not a chance but reluctantly liked the third! (y)

After a LONG time, and I MEAN LONG, must have been over an hour of waiting whilst they tried this, that, and the other nothing worked ... they rang the technical bods but they were useless as they didn't know how to solve the problem! So it was down to the manager to keep trying to get it sorted ... eventually she decided to try something not usually permitted ... I did ask if it involved a sledge hammer and she said 'not quite' but I got the impression it was something they definitely aren't supposed to do!!! After a little while longer .... yippee ... success!!!!! :) We were able to pay for them and got our collection receipts! [The problem appears to be something to do with the terminal 'blocking' the reservations as the systems aren't totally compatible ... totally nuts!]

Anyway, by now it was getting on so we walked back to the camper about 15 mins away, drove round to the back of the store and loaded up as they'd got the tents all ready at the loading area to save us having to lug them all through the store front ... great except for the prats who were blocking the loading bay for the sake of it! Finally done sorted though thanks to the staff's persistence who were absolutely great in this regard and just wouldn't take 'no' for an answer.

We drove back to where we'd been parked originally and let the dogs out for a widdle, then had some sarnies and cuppa at around 2.00 pm before taking them for a good romp on the beach which they enjoyed ... Tazzy playing with muscle shells, Romy poddling around with a stone in her gob and Lily on 'guard duty' in case there were any seagulls nearby!:D It wasn't cold with no wind to really speak of ... the morning heavy sea mist had totally disappeared and the sun kept peeking out through the clouds making the sea glisten ... lovely.

Once back home I was desperate for a cuppa!!! :D2 The tents are still in the camper so we'll take them out tomorrow ... then I can re-pack the back end with our camper stuff! :rolleyes:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
So are you an Arkela now (or whatever they are called) or doing outward bound courses lol Janie :)

Last edited:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
So are you an Arkela now (or whatever they are called) or doing outward bound courses lol Janie :)
Nah ... just bought them whilst they're discounted to sell on in the future at a profit! :D (y)

OP
OP
scotzsue
Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
I did wave like mad from the car :D

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
I did wave like mad from the car :D
I was almost comatose ... I desparately needed my 'life blood' cup of tea to wake me up ... o_O

Here's a belated wave ...

attachment.php

OP
OP
scotzsue
Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
Was also ready for a belated cup of tea, IKEA on a Saturday is not a good idea, all i got was another corkscrew and a bag lol

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Was also ready for a belated cup of tea, IKEA on a Saturday is not a good idea, all i got was another corkscrew and a bag lol
What ... no hot dog! :D2

OP
OP
scotzsue
Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
What ... no hot dog! :D2
no but John had the meatballs which i dislike. I had gravlax or whatever it is called which i love. Got a voucher for a hot dog in my pocket doubt i will be back before it epires though.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back