Globesat (1 Viewer)

quicksilver

Free Member
May 9, 2010
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Thinking of fitting a globsat system, how easy are they to fit? Are they easy to set up and find the freesat satellite? Is there only a single LNB model available? Are they value for money.

Grateful for any suggestions.

Many Thanks

QS

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
The Globesat dish is superb, the pole mount that goes through the roof is rubish.
If you can get the Globesat dish and mount it on the Kathrin pole with the wind up handle at the bottom of the pole you will have one of the easiest and best manual systems there is available...IMO.
I used a Globesat for years in Spain with no problem...then updated to an Oyster...the Globesat was better and a lot of beer tokens cheaper.

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
I agree with snowbird the globesat is a good system. I find it easy to set up finding the satellite usually within couple of minutes.

Fitting is easy, if you use the standard globesat pole you must have a wall so that you can secure the mounting clamps to. Ideally you want to be able to come through the roof into a wardrobe or similar cupboard.

I am currently near Perpignan and can pick up astra 2 easily although the regional BBC programs have a weak signal. London BBC is however strong.

Lunarman

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Q

quicksilver

Free Member
May 9, 2010
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Thanks Guys,

What is a Kathrin pole? I could only see the types with a push up pole. Another question is how do you know which way the dish is pointing from within the van?

QS

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Thanks Guys,

What is a Kathrin pole? I could only see the types with a push up pole. Another question is how do you know which way the dish is pointing from within the van?

QS
Sorry,its Kathrein my spelling mistake.
You can but the Kathrein pole seperatly and you used to be able to buy the Globesat without the pole,becouse there are 2 sizes of pole,short and long.
The problem with the Globesat pole is the lockdown mechanism which has a button on it which sticks and is the devils own job to get up from the parked position,thats why so many ditch the Globesat pole for the Kathrein.
The Kathrein has a small handle at the bottom of the pole and comes with a chart og Europe,giving how many turns for each area,I could have a picture with mine quicker than my Oyster can fin the sat now.

OP
OP
Q

quicksilver

Free Member
May 9, 2010
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
I can't find anyone who does the kathrein mast or the globesat dish seperate they all seem to be complete systems. Do you know of that lockdown mechanisme still an issue or could they have modified it by now?

QS

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I can't find anyone who does the kathrein mast or the globesat dish seperate they all seem to be complete systems. Do you know of that lockdown mechanisme still an issue or could they have modified it by now?

QS
The lockdown mechanism is still an issue am afraid....if they got that sorted I think they would have the best manual sat on the market.
The problem seems to be the initial movment from the down position to getting the mast to go up.
Once the mast has moved from the down position there is no problem tuning with the slide up and down.
I think Roadpro used to be agents for both,they know about the problem and used to suply both masts. Its worth giving them a call.

OP
OP
Q

quicksilver

Free Member
May 9, 2010
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Hi Snowbird,

Emailed Roadpro, they say they don't know to any problems with the lockdown mechanism and their opinion it is one of the best value systems on the market. So I think its Globsat but I have to measure exactly where its going.

QS

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back