Globesat help!!!!! (1 Viewer)

ringle

Free Member
Aug 2, 2009
Funster No
Exp
1 month!
HELP PLEASE!! Have a globesat thru roof manual sat dish, have used it a couple of times no problem, but on my last three trips couldn't get anything. It's so damn fiddly and time consuming to tune it - I'm seriously thinking about binning it for an automatic Camos or KVH.
I'm after some honest advice as to what people really think of the Globesat - is it rubbish, or am I doing omething wrong? It is likely to be the LNB - should I replace it???
Really fed up - can't even tune it in at home on the drive!!

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
I have used a globesat for several years now throughout France and the UK and whilst sometimes I take several minutes to pick up the signal I can usually tune it in within 2 minutes. Are you using a sat finder? This is a must.

You say that you have used it successfully a couple of times what has changed? I would check the connections are correct.

OP
OP
R

ringle

Free Member
Aug 2, 2009
Funster No
Exp
1 month!
haven't used a sat finder until today!! still got nowt!! i am wondering if it could have become damged whilst travelling? maybe the dish flipped back or something and I never noticed - would this damage it? Where can I get a replacement LNB from - as I'm beginning ot think this is the next step. Also, does anyone know how to remove the dome - it looks and feels pretty fragile!! thx

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 1, 2007
Billingham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2003
The most common reason for no signal is bad connections (or big trees), remaking the cable ends usually cures the problem, it took me ages to find this solution.

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
The dish is held onto the raising arm by 4 self tapping screws. The end of the LNB can be seem but I am not sure that it can be removed. I don't think that the dish itself can be separated.

But before doing this I would make sure that all of the connections are ok and that the digibox is powering the lnb.

Make sure all of the connections are succure. Fit the sat finder between the dish and the digibox input, and switch on the digibox. The finder should light up if power is being supplied.

Raise the dish to 25 degrees and rotate the dish through 360, does the tone on the finder alter, if so this should prove that the lnb is seeing satellites.

Connect the TV to the digibox and try to acquire the Astra satellite. This is located at 28.2 degrees east of south at about 25 deg elevation. Raise the dish and point it due south, turn it slowly to the east you should hear the finder tone change as the satellites are found. You will pass a number of sats before you reach astra 2. With a little practice you should be able to find the required satellite.

What digibox are you using?

Good luck

OP
OP
R

ringle

Free Member
Aug 2, 2009
Funster No
Exp
1 month!
SORTED!!! Bought the most expensive length of cable and end connections I could find, and bypassed all of the hard wired stuff and went direct from the dish to the digibox - perfect picture, thur and hour of elimination - worked out it was the fitting on the the back of the dish. Replaced it and hey presto.
Thx

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back