Globecar gas regulator fitting (1 Viewer)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
gas-It confirmed the 2 connectors are the same, the different p/n are actually stock numbers from their old and current stock control system :)

Its cheaper to buy it off Ebay than from the Gasit site due to the cost of postage they add on, unless of course you buy something else at the same time.

Link Removed

OP
OP
gerry mcg

gerry mcg

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2016
Glasgow, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Globecar 600L Revn
Exp
since 2016
@gerry mcg What model Globecar have you bought, are you pleased with it? I've ordered a Campscout from SMC in Newark for March delivery.

John.
Hi @Neckender , John,
I've just got a Globestar 600L Revolution.
It's early days yet. We only got it UK registered in the last couple of weeks and haven't had the opportunity to use a in anger yet so can't comment yet but first impressions are good and we are happy with our choice.
I am off to Vanbitz this week to get alarm, solar and some other electrical bits done,

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Gerry, all you need is the bulk head regulator it's just the same threads as the orange hose no need for any extra fittings. I checked my pics and dont have a clear one to show you but will be loading the van tomorrow or Friday so could take a pic if required. Its identical to the one above by The Caller

OP
OP
gerry mcg

gerry mcg

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2016
Glasgow, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Globecar 600L Revn
Exp
since 2016
@lorger ,
Hiya Gerry, yip, i’ve been able to satisfy myself how the orange hose comes off and how the new bulkhead regulator will fit into the existing pipework. There is no need for a photo, but thanks for the offer.
- the new 8mm regulator appears to use the same coupling and olive arrangement as the existing orange hose, so it should be a straightforward swap over.

Until i got a really good look at the parts I was uncertain what i was going to find and I didn’t want to start to disassemble the existing working fittings until I understood what the arrangement was and I had the requisite parts at hand reinstate the gas supply if i needed to. :)

Thanks everyone :)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
@lorger ,
Hiya Gerry, yip, i’ve been able to satisfy myself how the orange hose comes off and how the new bulkhead regulator will fit into the existing pipework. There is no need for a photo, but thanks for the offer.
- the new 8mm regulator appears to use the same coupling and olive arrangement as the existing orange hose, so it should be a straightforward swap over.

Until i got a really good look at the parts I was uncertain what i was going to find and I didn’t want to start to disassemble the existing working fittings until I understood what the arrangement was and I had the requisite parts at hand reinstate the gas supply if i needed to. :)

Thanks everyone :)
Soooooooooooooooooooo ... what are you going to do ... go for the adaptor or a fixed regulator??? Or both so you have a backup ...? :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
gerry mcg

gerry mcg

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2016
Glasgow, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Globecar 600L Revn
Exp
since 2016
Soooooooooooooooooooo ... what are you going to do ... go for the adaptor or a fixed regulator??? Or both so you have a backup ...? :)
I think the fixed regulator, as I got a Cavagna bulkhead regulator which has a 5 yr guarantee. This will allow me to upgrade to a second cylinder and fit an auto change over in due course if I want.
I'll keep the flex orange hose and bottle top regulator (with a couple of spare brass olives) with adapter as a backup in case of failure.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
I think the fixed regulator, as I got a Cavagna bulkhead regulator which has a 5 yr guarantee. This will allow me to upgrade to a second cylinder and fit an auto change over in due course if I want.
I'd suggest thinking carefully about an auto-changeover unless you ensure you check fairly often so you know when it's switched cylinders otherwise you could run out of gas completely, I've not bothered and just turn the old bottle off when it's getting low and the new one on, then know I need to fill-up again when I next see gas.
I'll keep the flex orange hose and bottle top regulator (with a couple of spare brass olives) with adapter as a backup in case of failure.
Just as I intend to do too and will be buying an adaptor from Ebay. (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back