Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Hi

See these online and they look the perfect layout

Has anybody been in one of these in person and what do you think of them, in particular
is the separate shower roomy enough and does the shower door fold across the rear bed area when you are showering, how does this work in reality?

SMC have one in stock and so does the Globecar dealer in Perth.

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
The only reason we didn't go for this layout was that the bed was transverse and not longitudinal, and has a smaller storage area under the bed, we can now get rid of our trailer.

John.

ludo

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 12, 2011
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 1990
Hi

See these online and they look the perfect layout

Has anybody been in one of these in person and what do you think of them, in particular
is the separate shower roomy enough and does the shower door fold across the rear bed area when you are showering, how does this work in reality?

SMC have one in stock and so does the Globecar dealer in Perth.

The shower door does fold across the rear bed and the toilet door closes across the kitchen creating a large bathroom right across the van. The shower has a second waterproof concertina door that makes the shower cubicle watertight when using the shower.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
CazPaul
Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
The shower door does fold across the rear bed and the toilet door closes across the kitchen creating a large bathroom right across the van. The shower has a second waterproof concertina door that makes the shower cubicle watertight when using the shower.

Considering this still, is the separate shower a decent size or really tiny, can a 6 foot 3inch 14.5 stoner manage in there?

ludo

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 12, 2011
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 1990
Considering this still, is the separate shower a decent size or really tiny, can a 6 foot 3inch 14.5 stoner manage in there?

No, it's not tiny, nor is it huge. Having only collected the van a week ago and been busy fitting additional power sockets, carpets, etc., I have not yet tried it but I am sure that it will be fine for a 19 stoner!!

There is no bidet in the van so you will have to stand on your head in said shower!!

OP
OP
CazPaul
Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
No, it's not tiny, nor is it huge. Having only collected the van a week ago and been busy fitting additional power sockets, carpets, etc., I have not yet tried it but I am sure that it will be fine for a 19 stoner!!

There is no bidet in the van so you will have to stand on your head in said shower!!

Thanks, Will you come back on here in a few weeks/months and give us a review after use please.

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
Hi @ludo as your new van got the Thetford compressor fridge fitted, as I've read that they have upgraded the Thetford fridge to prevent condensation and I wondered what the upgrade was.
As you know SMC replaced my fridge but the same was fitted before the upgrade.

John.

ludo

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 12, 2011
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 1990
Yes it does. I am not aware of any upgrade and would not know how to tell if it has been upgraded John.

Rex

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back