Globe-trotting family checks out Cambodia

Discussion in 'Motorhomes in the News' started by scotjimland, Feb 28, 2012.

1. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

[​IMG]
    Jean-Philippe and Anne-Gaëlle Guicheney Mahler, plus kids, in front of their camper-van

A French family on a journey around the world recently passed through Cambodia and recounted the highlights of their journey across continents, including what it takes to travel with four small children in a camper-van.

In Paris, I would leave for work at a construction company early in the morning till late in the evening, so I didn’t have enough time to see my children. I wanted to spend time with my family, so we organised this trip,” said 37-year old Jean-Philippe Guicheney Mahler.

He, his wife Anne-Gaëlle, and their four children – Margaux, 9, Victoire and Capucine, 7, and Marin, 3 – left France last July in a camper-van.

Read More

• Like Like x 3
  2. ShiftZZ

ShiftZZ Funster Life Member

The trip will take a total of two years and cost the family over US$200,000.

I wonder how that was financed, at the end of it they will have a lot of memories...

• Like Like x 1
  3. Stephen & Jeannie

Stephen & Jeannie Read Only Funster

If only !!!

Even if I were younger, I doubt that I would have the courage to undertake a journey of that magnitude ! Bravo to 'em !!!!:Eeek::thumb:

• Like Like x 1