Glastonbury - Is It Me Or Am I Getting Old? (1 Viewer)

Allan & Loren

Free Member
Dec 8, 2014
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2014
Id go if i could get a ticket but not been lucky enough yet. My sister there for 2nd year and my nephew been every year for last 10. I wouldnt like it if it rained all weekend though with all the mud!

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Haha I love it Obviously one size does`t fit all, you either love music or you don`t, then there is is massive difference between listening to it on a hi fi system at home and going to see a live concert.

I love some of the great masterpiece paintings - that doesn't mean I've ever wanted to listen to the artists painting them. Same principle with music.

This never fails to make me laugh:

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Any live music is good for me ( except rap and anything with Da, house, anthem or dance in the title or words) I went to see Fleetwood Mac at the O2 a couple of weeks ago. £95 for the ticket, £25 to park the car £7 for the worst hotdogs have ever tasted. Good though it was, the prices make Glasto look a bargain.
It's not just music though, the food stalls are great, Circus skills workshop was fun last time I went ( I'm never going to be able to ride a unicycle and juggle clubs) and free food from the Hare Krishna tent
Pity we missed it this year.....

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Got to say Kanye isn't my cup of tea at all :confused:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I'm going to our local family music festival next weekend....STAXTONBURY.

Thursday night through til sunday early evening....£45 inc camping.

If i didnt have free tickets i wouldnt be going there either.

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
The TV coverage has reinforced my impression that the Glastonbury festival would be my idea of hell; loud tuneless noise, too many people, too many people out of their heads and :eek:

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
Retrofestival aka Wings Newbury showground 6th to 10th August Motorhome Fun rate £99 for camping and entry for 2 people to all events 3 stages over 200 stalls , classic cars , American cars, Flying displays, Steam, military and lots more - look for the thread under rallies. Very good value for money

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
Not Glastonbury by any league but tonight we went to see Elkie Brooks bloody amazing voice for a 70 yr old lady, and jumping around the stage, amazing always loved her bluesy sounding voice, as good as Maggie Bell anyway.

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
I must confess I watched Paloma Faith on the box last night. Not sure the music was her best but it was pleasant viewing. :)

Paloma Faith was also on our telly last night, but I was sorting out some paperwork while she provided the background music, like with the wireless.

Deleted User
It's not camping on top. General camping is included. You only pay for the campervan field. And forget the 7m rule, all festivals say that but it's never an issue, nobody is interested. We're 7.4m and have never had a problem. Last year at Beautiful Days the same rule allegedly applied, we were parked next to some monstrous expedition vehicle thing that made us look tiny.

If you've never been to Glastonbury the BBC coverage doesn't give the best impression of what the festival is about as they only cover the main stages. A big proportion of the people that go never go anywhere near any of these stages. Last time we were there we watched a grand total of 3 bands on the main and 2nd stages.

There really is something for everyone.
Didn't realise could take MH to Glastonbury, brilliant might have to look at going in the future :) Even Nige showing interest :)

Lin

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Didn't realise could take MH to Glastonbury, brilliant might have to look at going in the future :) Even Nige showing interest :)

Lin

You can take them to pretty much all festivals.. The ticket price usually only includes general tent camping. The campervan field will be extra and usually outside the main site. Because Glastonbury is so big it can be a 30-40 minute walk from the Pyramid stage back to your van.

It's worth the walk though for a bed, your own toilet and hot water (y)

If you want to go look out for pre-registration to open again in July/August time. You'll need to upload a picture of each person you are registering. You have to do this to get a registration number for each person that wants a ticket. You can't buy tickets without being registered. Then you have to try and get lucky in October when tickets go on sale. Your tickets come with your photo on so you can't sell them on or buy them from someone else.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Watching Lionel Richie's set on TV at the moment. Almost worth the ticket price on it's own and The Who still to come.

Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
Watching Lionel Richie's set on TV at the moment. Almost worth the ticket price on it's own and The Who still to come.
Hell of an entertainer. ..and one of the few arists whose voice is as good live as it is on a recording

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
Loving Lionel Richie,brilliant performance.Hes certainly still got it(y)
Brian & Jo

johnpengers

Free Member
Nov 7, 2009
Somerset.
Funster No
MH
Concorde Liner
Exp
since 2005
Not many people sticking around if the traffic on the A37 is anything to go by.....very busy at the moment....

Looks like a lot are getting an early start to get home !!

I think Lionel Richie and the Who are the only two acts worth watching this year.......Then again......I'm old !!!!!!!!:)

Regards

John P(y)

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Hell of an entertainer. ..and one of the few arists whose voice is as good live as it is on a recording

Awesome set.

The Sunday afternoon "legend sing song" set is becoming just as important as any of the headliners. There are easily 100,000 people on that hill. It was the same 2 years ago when we saw Kenny Rogers in the same slot.

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
I was pointed to Vintage Trouble by a friend today - was on one of the minor stages but taped by the Beeb.
I thoroughly enjoyed the performance & music (certainly not restful :cool:)
But to my mind, and this is not about the music, it just demonstrated what a mediocre performer Kanye West is.

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
If its to loud your to old......

I prefer it not to be very loud but do want the music to be in tune.
Not my style..much preferred Kanya!..love his last 3 albums..its all in the beats ( my kids keep me young:D)

Is that the guy that was on last night shouting obscenities and looked like a bad painter and decorator?

Reactions: DBK

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
I prefer it not to be very loud but do want the music to be in tune.

Is that the guy that was on last night shouting obscenities and looked like a bad painter and decorator?

Yeah! fantastic or what!:D (its all in the beats)

Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
Watching Paul Weller, never paid much attention to his music but enjoying his set.
Sat up very late Friday to watch Florence, liked to have seen The Moody Blues set.
Wondering how T in the Park will go down this year in its new venue.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back