Giving Up Looking For A Mh Trade In !!! (1 Viewer)

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
Is it me :boxing:or are dealers just taking the pee. I took my MH to Marquis but they would not give me a trade in price on my potential trade in until I had virtually signed the dotted line on a new van. Another dealer offered me £14 k for my 2012 Elldis 115 against a new chausson 610 welcome. Seems to me selling through a broker or private is the only realistic way not to get ripped off :(

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Get it on here , EBay , gumtree, preloved. That's what we did. Put it up at a realistic price ( check out others For sale elsewhere and compare) and you may be lucky.
We sold ours to a lapsed funster. They'd liked it since seeing it on ours, and coincidently there's first outing in the motor homes.
They contacted us through eBay as they were no longer members on here. It was great although we'd only met the once on our first MHF rally , we trusted them. They trusted us.
They've since rejoined fun too. So you never know you may sell within a couple of weeks too. Good luck.

OP
OP
MR. FUSION
Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
Get it on here , EBay , gumtree, preloved. That's what we did. Put it up at a realistic price ( check out others For sale elsewhere and compare) and you may be lucky.
We sold ours to a lapsed funster. They'd liked it since seeing it on ours, and coincidently there's first outing in the motor homes.
They contacted us through eBay as they were no longer members on here. It was great although we'd only met the once on our first MHF rally , we trusted them. They trusted us.
They've since rejoined fun too. So you never know you may sell within a couple of weeks too. Good luck.
Thanks for the reply, am doing so, its on here and will get it on ebay etc hopefully this week. Summer is here and this is the best time to sell I guess!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
It's a ridiculous state of affairs.

When we were looking to change, we had a very short list of vans, so every journey was a potential purchase.
We'd always take the van, assuming that we'd at least be negotiating a px.
Despite several conversations, not once were we given a px value.

Most of the vans we liked were selling privately and selling quickly (good vans don't hang around).
Anyway, we sold privately to enable a quick purchase, should the right van come up . ( sold quickly through gumtree, did use ebay which did generate interest)

As it unexpectedly turned out, we bought from a dealer (good deal as no px) - within 5min of sitting down he says 'shame you sold the van, we're really short of stock' - you couldn't make it up !

I won't say selling privately is easy, had a few timewasters who wanted an afternoon out, another few who insisted their silly low offer was fair and a few nuisance texts 'will you take x for it'.
However, I did get a fair price, the new owner was delighted and I'm happy my pride and joy has a good home (recently spotted touring the New Forest).
So yes, I'd sell private and take the inconvenience (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back