Ghent aire?

Discussion in 'Belguim Netherlands' started by sadlonelygit, Aug 22, 2014.

1. sadlonelygit

sadlonelygit Read Only Funster

is there such a thing?
    i know where the coach park is.........railway station! but have no experience with the m/h.

TIA

• Like Like x 1
  2. GreenHell

GreenHell Funster

I'd be interesting in finding this out too

3. orridge

orridge Funster

There is a free aire in Ghent at Driebeekstraat (N 51.03765 E 3.76638 C) officially for 5 but the carpark is big enough and often takes more than that. We didn't stay they on the last trip as its under a Motorway flyover and felt it would be too noisy. At the beginning of August there were a number of roadworks around that area in Ghent and you couldn't use the main approach road but you can find a number of side roads to get there eventually.

We parked up by the side of the canal outside Camp Blaarmeersen on Binnenring-Drognen (https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place...51,17z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0xc2bc0135cc57a6ae) which is handy to cycle into Town and had about 5 other MH's using it also without issue.

• Like Like x 1
  4. gillnphil

gillnphil Funster

We used camping blaarmeersen last year. It in a sports complex, not bad,use ACSI, and a good bus service into Ghent as well. Ghent is a nice place, take a canal trip while your there.
    Phil

5. TUCANO

TUCANO Funster

Just came across this whilst looking for the same, will report back if we get there, or not !!
    Haven't got the ACSI card though this time.

Norman.

6. Robert Clark

Robert Clark Funster Life Member

We stayed there too on our way to Germany. Nice restaurant and bar. Very badly flooded though after rain. Seemed like many MH parked outside

7. TUCANO

TUCANO Funster

On the Aire at the moment, difficult to find because of roadworks but here. Tram into Ghent 1.30 Euros, could be noisy tonight though as the motorway flyover is close by.

Norman.

8. TUCANO

TUCANO Funster

Report back as promised, after a VERY noisy night at the Ghent aire may I suggest something else. Get to the aire early and spend the day in Ghent then drive to Bellem, where we are now after getting the info from another guy, and enjoy a peaceful night at the riverside here. It is so nice we have had two days here. The place is only 12 ish miles from Ghent and you can park on either side of the river, on one side there is a cafe/bar and opposite there is a great bakers.

9. Soozywoozy

Soozywoozy Funster

stayed on campsite end of august as had read reports about the Aire being noisy and further out than the campsite. Campsite, boggy from lots of rain but clean and good facilities. However you could park outside I reckon near the canal - I think others had. BTW didn't accept asci, as said they were asci inspected, not affiliated. I know it was peak season but other sites gave a 5% discount

10. Coopit

Coopit Funster

I'm currently at Valkenburg in NL, looking to go to Ghent on Friday; has anyone got an update on overnight stops or other alternatives.

11. orridge

orridge Funster

I think the campsite is closed this time of year at Blaarmeesen but you can park outside all alongside the canal I am sure you will see other vans doing the same thing.

12. mitzimad

mitzimad Funster

theres an aire about 10 miles south at deinze we found it on the aires app takes 8 vans nice little village with an art gallery and riverside walk

13. pinkgin

pinkgin Funster Life Member

We stayed at the ghent aire or free parking. As said right under the motorway but nice easy cycle in to town. 3 miles and a beautiful city. . No toilet dump but waste water and bins but hey ho its free

14. Judge Mental

Judge Mental Funster Deceased RIP

I would use my ACSI card if I could remember whee i left it....Ghent is on the list as been to Brugge so many times now. the christmas market are supposed to be better there well I believe

15. DuxDeluxe

DuxDeluxe Funster Life Member

Prefer Ghent to Bruges - a bit less commercial. Lovely city

16. Vimbus

Vimbus Read Only Funster

We stayed at the aire in May this year. Drove straight from a midnight Eurotunnel crossing, didn't think it was too bad when we arrived (about 01:30), however come more morning Mrs P was seriously unimpressed with the noise, so avoid if you are a light sleeper or take ear plugs. Having said that there were vans from all over Europe parked up