Getting To Grips With German Bumf!.. Payload.. Again! (1 Viewer)

Fletton

Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky I Plus 650LG
Exp
First MoHo - April 2015
Hi to all you WEIGHT watching FUNSTERS!!!!.....

Just been translating the stuff on my Knaus paperwork.. The document in question (all in German of course ) is an official looking sheet from Knaus that was sent to DVLA... for V5 purposes I assume...

The only weight mentioned on V5 is the revenue weight (4250kg)

Anyway the section on vehicle weights on Knaus doc.... goes like this.....

Massen ( translation = Masses )

13... Mass of vehicle (max) = 3220kg

13.2... Actual mass of vehicle = 3262kg

16... Blank

16.1... Technical permissible laden mass = 4250kg

16.2... Max axle weights.... Front = 2100kg:.. Rear = 2400kg

Question....does this (13.2) indicate the actual mass of my particular vehicle as it left the factory.... with its extras... i.e awning, spare wheel, grill etc.... and so my available payload would be 16.1 minus 13.2.... (on top of moi?.. see below for Knaus definition of Mass in ready to start mode )....

Or do I need to visit the Itinerant weigh-bridge... to determine stuff?

Taken straight from Knaus literature.... (does this represent 13 above?)...

-----------------------------

MASS IN READY-TO-START MODE IS DEFINED AS FOLLOWS:

Mass of the empty vehicle (including on-board tool kit) + Diesel tank filled to 90%
+ 75 kg for driver
+ liquid gas bottle filled to 90%

+ fresh water tank filled to 90% (with 20 ltrs. fresh water tank in driving mode)

+ fresh water boiler filled to 90% = Mass in ready-to-start mode

EXAMPLE:

Mass of the empty vehicle (including on-board tool kit) 2850 kg permissible total mass 3500 kg
maximum permissible payload
(passengers, luggage, payload, gas, water, petrol etc.) 650 kg

The mass of the empty vehicle is defined through weighing the vehicle with standard equipment (excluding extras, options, package equipments or spare wheel; including on-board tool kit)
Please note that options, extras and packages may affect the mass of the empty vehicle and thus reduce the value of the maximum permissible payload. As a user of a motorhome you are required not to exceed the values of the per- missible total mass in driving mode, and the respective maximum permissible axle load limits.

Ordering options to replace specific package elements will not result in a deli- very of these replaced elements, too.

------------------------------

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
The only definitive weights are 16.1 & 16.2. The safe way after that is the weighbridge whilst loaded for hols.

OP
OP
Fletton

Fletton

Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky I Plus 650LG
Exp
First MoHo - April 2015
The only definitive weights are 16.1 & 16.2. The safe way after that is the weighbridge whilst loaded for hols.

Oooh!..

That "might" mean I have a BIG payload then... ONLY MIGHT...
Guess weigh bridge will determine...

Note to self...

"Load up load up wi rubber bullets"....

As near as could think of after vino ... (Song... 10cc)... :) ...

I'll get me coat!... :/

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
At least a visit to the weighbridge with all hols necessities (and people!) on board will provide an accurate weight that, subtracted (hopefully!) from that stated in 16.1, leaves you with an accurate remaining payload. Whilst at the weighbridge you'll be able to check how close the axle limits are to those in 16.2.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
As said, weighbridge loaded as for travelling/touring

Kerb/unladen are not important, you wont be travelling empty and if you do you certainly wont break any weight laws

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Hi We have just got our new LHD Hymer Exsis i698.after sorting out a few things thought I would weigh her before loading up so weighed with full Gas and diesel tanks and me,she is MGW 4250kg got nice surprise she only weighs 2900kg plenty of payload and also able to down rate when I turn 70 to save a lot of hassle:party2:

OP
OP
Fletton

Fletton

Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky I Plus 650LG
Exp
First MoHo - April 2015
Hi We have just got our new LHD Hymer Exsis i698.after sorting out a few things thought I would weigh her before loading up so weighed with full Gas and diesel tanks and me,she is MGW 4250kg got nice surprise she only weighs 2900kg plenty of payload and also able to down rate when I turn 70 to save a lot of hassle:party2:

Hey hey hey.... that's the way to roll.....

I'm hoping I might be in the same boat (read MoHo).. :)..

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Good luck with yours hope you are in the same boat:clap2:.we are now looking forward to a proving trip to try everything out then off to Spain for the winter later in the year.

OP
OP
Fletton

Fletton

Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky I Plus 650LG
Exp
First MoHo - April 2015
Good luck with yours hope you are in the same boat:clap2:.we are now looking forward to a proving trip to try everything out then off to Spain for the winter later in the year.

Happy travels... It will be a year or two before before we able able to spend the winters in the Med... Alas SWMBO is still a working gurl... :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back