Getting the van ready to go. Anyone else dread this but loves it at the same time?

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by welshbois, Apr 15, 2011.

1. welshbois

welshbois Read Only Funster

9.45 on Friday morning and my first day off from school. Getting the van ready now for our two weeks in France from Sunday. I am I the only funster who dreads geeting her ready to go cos dont know where to start etc but as soon as I am in her and off I love it? Where do I start this morning? My job is the soft furnishings lol - clothes , food, towels and the like. I dont know the mechanics etc my other half does that. Think Ill have a snooze and wait for the inspiration.:RollEyes::Eeek:

2. Wildman

Wildman Read Only Funster

we never have this problem as our van is used all year round at least every other day just as a day van, so everything is always ready to go apart from emptying the cassette and making sure the water tank is full. Yes we travel with a full tank as we always wild. a full tank lasts us about a week and empty cassette about 5 days so when cassette is full we know water tank is nearly due to run out.

3. chatter

chatter Read Only Funster

Get yourself in there and get on with it :BigGrin: most of us (those that parkup for winter or in storage) have done it weeks ago, some are even on their 3/4th trip away now. Sooner its done the sooner you can enjoy it :thumb:

4. welshbois

We have used it for the last few weekends also. I just mean getting all the stuff into her lol like the clothes, food etc. :BigGrin:

5. welshbois

Right I am off! Here we go :thumb:

• Like Like x 1
  6. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

Have you got the FUN checklist ?

I don't remember which page in there says "don't forget your jacket and wallet" :RollEyes:

7. TDH

TDH Funster

We're away in The Rosabella throughout the winter but I still get stressed on a Thursday night making sure that we have what we need. We've been doing this for years but still don't seem to be able to get into a routine - a bit like the rest of our lives I guess! It probably doesn't help that K lives 40 miles away and our clothes and bits and pieces are scattered between our two houses, and ALWAYS in the wrong place!

We're off to France on Thursday night (see you on the road maybe welshbois) and there's still a load of jobs to try and shoehorn in around work - we don't finish until Thursday.

As you say, once you're on the road its fine - too late to worry about what you have and haven't done - apart from on a quick dash to France last year for a long weekend, when we got to Corely services en route to Dover and remembered we'd left the passports in K's car in Shrewsbury!!:Doh::Doh:

8. TDH

TDH Funster

Bon voyage!:thumb:

9. Dodgey

Dodgey Funster

Yup, van always ready to go, so just top ups, cloths, beer, water, more beer, food and maybe, more beer:Rofl1:

We can generally be 'gone' in about 10 minutes, well if we have to go get Winne, maybe 15?

• Like Like x 1
  10. hilldweller

I think you overlooked shoes and knickers there. A serious oversight.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Dodgey

Dodgey Funster

:Rofl1:'Knickers' are cloths, and full selection shoes already in the van:thumb:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Larrynwin

Larrynwin Funster

Dont forget your documents, anything else you can buy.
    Have a great trip :thumb:

• Like Like x 1
  13. hilldweller

Ah comrade, I seem to have forgotten my wife, I'd like a nice low mileage Polish one, not too powerful and a handbook in English.

2000 roubles -- it's a deal.

Oh, do you do returns ?

• Like Like x 2
  14. Ralph-n-Bev

Ralph-n-Bev Funster

Each time we go away for a weekend , we seem to take less clothes to wear. Which is a good thing as there are 5 of us.
    Though after realising i had forgotten my make-up last weekend :Eeek: on our trip to Flamborough , we had a trip into Brid 's Boots and i doubled up on all my everyday stuff. I now keep a duplicate make-up bag in the Motorhome.
    Good job our Isabel had some bits and bobs with her though , or i wouldnt have left the farm. :Blush:
    Not that i cake my self up with the stuff , i may add , but i like to look presentable:Wink:

Ralph:Rofl1::Wink:

• Like Like x 1
  15. callumwa

callumwa Read Only Funster

For 2000 roubles, (£44) you cannot get returns,:Eeek:

but there is a buy one get one free deal at the moment, so if you break the first one you have an immediate back up and replacement...:thumb::thumb:

• Like Like x 1
  16. callumwa

callumwa Read Only Funster

Just back from 2 months at work. Going to get the van out of storage tonight...

Hope its all ok, then we will get it ready to get away, maybe Monday..:thumb::thumb:

• Like Like x 1
  17. MikeandCarolyn

MikeandCarolyn Read Only Funster

And what did Bev forget ??? :Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:
    Mike :BigGrin: