Getting the run around from insurance company. (1 Viewer)

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Today's update....

Knowepark left a message when we were out to say they still hadn't heard anything so another call to ERS. A very nice lady (Sam) chased things up including making a call to their engineers who have promised to go and look at the van on Monday at the latest.

Once they have given to go ahead the new rooflight can be ordered (one has already been fitted to make things watertight). there is a six week lead time on that part :(

So now we are waiting again. Looks like the van will be off the road until end March at least.
Hope that's the last time you have to chase them.

OP
OP
Puddleduck

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
I am not pushing Nfu but for anyone who hasn't used them, don't bother with phone ing them or doing anything online, they have offices in most towns , go in and talk to them face to face and do a bit of bargaining , you will be surprised how they will come round, same if you need to claim , go in and sort it there and then.
Over 50 miles away for us..... the website gives a couple of branches as closer but they both recently closed :(

OP
OP
Puddleduck

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
Remember we are in the middle of nowhere. I thought there might be a branch in Kelso or Galashiels but there isn't. The Duns branch closed last year and the one in St Boswells only operates on cattle market days (once every 6 weeks or so) when there is an agent available.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Ours is out on one of the business parks so you'd have to specifically go there - I wonder if they really are set up for casual callers there?

I knew there used to be one at Stoneleigh but apparently that's still there too, then Atherstone or Hinckley.

I looked on the 'Directions' to see how far etc for the Coventry one and they reckon I can get there in 17 minutes so I can only assume they have a helicopter pad, it's one junction of the M6 and quite a lot of traffic lights and islands after that - it takes nearly 10 minutes to get on the Motorway to begin with from our house because of those little things and the traffic! LOL It isn't far from the hospital, we'd allow a GOOD half hour at least preferably 45 mins to get there. (Since for the latter you need another 15 mins to park usually) LOL

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
Remember we are in the middle of nowhere. I thought there might be a branch in Kelso or Galashiels but there isn't. The Duns branch closed last year and the one in St Boswells only operates on cattle market days (once every 6 weeks or so) when there is an agent available.

Worth a phone call and ask if the agent is in your area - most have an agent that makes 'house calls' you can then do the face to face bit

OP
OP
Puddleduck

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
Just heard from Knowepark that the insurance company inspector has been to see the damage and has approved the repairs. They can now order the part (if they haven't already done so :) ) and we should be back on the road in around six weeks. Yippeeeeeeeeeee

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
When it is all over and you are satisfied with it I would be inclined to tackle the CEO with a diary of events and ask how he can qualify such poor service. Might get a discount off the next years premium.

OP
OP
Puddleduck

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
When it is all over and you are satisfied with it I would be inclined to tackle the CEO with a diary of events and ask how he can qualify such poor service. Might get a discount off the next years premium.

We were going to do that anyway and have kept a record of every phone call, date, time and who we spoke to along with a summary of the conversation.

The last lady (Sam) was very good and followed up including phoning us back and telling us to get back to her if the engineer didn't turn up (he did) so she will get a very special mention and thanks.

M

Madwife

Deleted User
Glad it is all sorted out and hopefully you will be on the road very soon.

In one of the posts in this thread on locations of NFU I can confirm that there is a big office in Stoneleigh Park as I walked past it several times last October.

Kath

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back