Getting the ACSI card before travelling

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by webby1, Sep 25, 2016.

1. webby1

webby1 Funster

Many of us are lucky enough to be planning to go to Europe soon and are worrying about how to get the ACSI discount card/books for 2017.

I have suggested to ACSI an online membership scheme for campsites to check if you were a member for that particular year.............. but they replied that it would be too complex and costly. Then I had a GREAT IDEA

Why can't they make the 2017 discount card available NOW without waiting for the books to be printed................ I would pay the full price just for the card. Then each year it could be available for the following year ............well anytime really, why tie it to the books. It could take the place of their ID cards as most sites always want passports as well.

Those who want books as well could take out an additional subscription. But I am happy to search for sites online and think fresh books every year is unnecessary and environmentally unsound.

If you agree PLEASE e mail their customer services, as there is a bit of momentum at the moment and the more people who ask the more likely it is to happen.

• Like Like x 3
  2. namwaldog

namwaldog Funster

We have been on on or two sites in both France and Spain that actually sell the ACSI cards and books as they become available. We got our 2015 set at Camping Caceres south of Salamanca in Spain.
    I also think that it has been mentioned on here that they are available in Benidorm as well.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Geejay

Geejay Funster

I agree with Webby1. It's time they moved with the times. An annual sub recurring at whatever time of year is most convenient for the subscriber. Or even, an electronic one on your smartphone.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Mikeco

Mikeco Funster

We buy the book while in Spain from the local Caravan/Motor home dealership, they usually get them in around the middle of December.

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. Geejay

Geejay Funster

Yes, I've bought them in Spain too, but the point is it's not always convenient if you don't visit a site which sells them or you're not near an agent. Much more convenient to get it delivered at home before you go imho.

6. Mikeco

Mikeco Funster

Not when you go in October.

7. Geejay

Geejay Funster

That's why I said recurring at a date which suits, or an electronic version which can be delivered anywhere.

8. glenn2926

glenn2926 Funster

Sorry to hijack the thread. We are going in January and have not had an acsi card before. When will the 2017 cards and books become available? Thanks.

9. webby1

webby1 Funster

So please drop them a line at shop@acsi.eu. asking for a card only option.

Can't expect them to change book printing schedule but no reason why a discount card only could not be available at any time of year.

10. webby1

webby1 Funster

Glenn they are usually delivered before Christmas.........................but one day you'll be able to get away earlier and then you'll see the problems.
    It may not be a problem for everyone but you can surely see the benefit of a separate discount card scheme.

11. glenn2926

glenn2926 Funster

Thanks webby. I can see the problems for the people going away before the availability date and cannot see why there needs to be a start date. Surely it is not difficult to have annual membership from what ever date the member joins. The book could be posted out to members in say January every year. Does this not happen?

12. Speve

Speve Funster

Done sent email just now.

13. Speve

Speve Funster

@webby1 This is the reply I received about as useful as a chocolate teapot.
    Dear Sir, Dear Madam,

Many thanks for your email.

Unfortunately it is not possible to order the CampingCard-Card separately from the guide, or earlier than we publish the new Guides for 2017. This has to do with the fact that the CampingCard is included in the 2nd Guide. If you want to you use a CampingCard for only this year, you can place an order in our Webshop; http://webshop.acsi.eu/en/campingcard-acsi2016/campingcard-acsi-2016.html (without the App) or http://webshop.acsi.eu/en/campingcard-acsi2016/campingcard-acsi-combi-2016.html . If you decide to order a subscription for 2017, you could already use the App (for 2016) for free: http://webshop.acsi.eu/en/campingcard-acsi2016/campingcard-acsi-combi-subscription-2017.html . Suppose you have ordered this last one, and you are on a certain camping site for a period of time, you can ask a relative or family member to send the card to you.

We hope we have informed you sufficiently.

With kind regards,
    Christine Holthuis
    Customer Service

14. webby1

webby1 Funster

That's what you get when you have a monopoly...................just sitting back waiting for the money to roll in.

I just keep on replying, asking why it cannot be done separately............please can they pass my request on to a manager etc in the hope that if enough of us continue to pester them someone might take some action.

It has become a little bit of an obsession for me...................my lasting legacy to the motorhome world ???????????

Join me in the quest

• Like Like x 2
  15. RidersofRohan

RidersofRohan Funster

How much saving do you get from the ASCI discount card.
    We are going to France and Spain for 8 weeks from mid-October, will it be worth buying this years? How many nights on sites will we need to make to break even?

16. Speve

Speve Funster

Yes

17. namwaldog

namwaldog Funster

The first site we ever stayed on in Spain was at Salamanca and it cost €26. We pitched up next to another Brit and over a glass of wine they explained the ACSI system and they had paid €18 for the same thing. Next site we arrived at, Caceres, they wanted €24 euros but asked if we had an ACSI card?
    No I replied.
    Would you like one?
    Yes please
    We have them for sale at €13.95 and the pitch will cost you €16 with the card

Job done!! simple answer, about 4 nights and you have your money back .

18. Mikeco

Mikeco Funster

Definitely get one if you can, you will save the money spent on the first 2 or 3 sites. However, when in Spain just check what the deals are if you intend to stay a few weeks in one place.

19. Speve

Speve Funster

20. RidersofRohan

RidersofRohan Funster

Just bought one from ACSI !!!